Craddle Cap

My son is 4 months old and Ive given him a bath everyday since his Umbilical cord fell off.... he still has developed Craddle cap.. what can i do to get ride of it??? Any ideas would be great!!!!

apeclark2008

Asked by apeclark2008 at 10:53 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• shampoo...;o)

walmart...its in a winne the pooh bottle says cradel cap on it

around 6 dollars works great
    use a comb and gently comb it out while the shampoo is in there....dont get it out all at once his head would be sore from the comb

LexsiesMommy

Answer by LexsiesMommy at 11:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• My doctor said not to wash too much. The soap dries out the skin. You can also put baby oil on it and gently rub to get the dead skin off. My son's went away pretty quickly and I never put anything on it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:00 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I used a soft hair brush to scrub it helped. You can use oil to help get the gunk off. By the way the AAP doesn't recommend doing anything for Cradle cap.
    coala

Answer by coala at 11:03 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• do the baby oil thing like the pp said but don't worry about it too much all my kids had it my oldest still had small patches of it until she was 5
    mosarmywife

Answer by mosarmywife at 11:04 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Don't feel bad. You didn't cause it. I do suggest you use soap just twice a week. The diaper area is the only part that really gets dirty and you wash it with every change.

Here's what I did:
    Before his bath, gently rub some olive oil into the area.
    At the end of his bath, wash the oil out and gently rub the area to remove any loose flakes.
    Then gently rub the area with a baby hair brush. Again, just to remove any loose flakes. Do NOT try to remove everything, just what's loose. If you irritate the area, it will make it worse.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 11:10 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• It doesn't matter about the bathing, cradle cap is caused by hormones. Try olive oil then comb firmly on the head. If it gets really bad and the olive oil doesn't work, my doc told me to put just a tiny bit of sulsun blue or head and shoulders on rub around and rinse well. Make sure it doesn't get into the eyes. That will take care of it quickly.
    jacy3031

Answer by jacy3031 at 11:28 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• dime size amount of head and shoulders... buy a travel size bottle if you can find it... dont do what we did and buy a reg. size bottle.. only took two baths.. LOL
    sweetscrappin

Answer by sweetscrappin at 11:50 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Cradle cap doesn't come from being dirty so don't worry about that. I used some baby oil. Let it sit on the scalp for a few minutes then comb your baby's head with a fine tooth comb. Follow up with a bath and it will be all gone! It may take two bath times to get all the oil out of the hair though...
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 12:03 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• aquaphor -- dd's was gone in 2 days (not sure if just 'cause it worked so well or if she had a minor case)
    ferdo0204

Answer by ferdo0204 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008