im having a c section with this baby, i had one with the last baby, but the doc is only gonna enduce me in my 39th week i thought it should be at least 2 weeks early?

lmholder06

Asked by lmholder06 at 11:14 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• really he should wait till full term at 40 weeks in my opinion, that is only when the baby is ready and fully developed. Personally I think the only babies to come early are the natural ones, when woman have no control over, and the baby just comes. But when I dont think its safe to force a baby to come unless you everdo.
    cloud144

Answer by cloud144 at 11:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• you dont have to be 2 weeks early. why are they inducing you though?
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:16 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Even when I was enduced early for gestational diabetes, they only did it the day before my estimated due date. But I agree with the other post... I think it's healthier for the baby to stay in the womb till the baby is ready ....(if there is no medical emergency) I know late in the pregnancy you hope the baby comes out early, but hang in there...you're almost done....!
    nikmar

Answer by nikmar at 11:22 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• If you are only around 15 wks, I wouldn't worry about when your Csection is scheduled right now. The could always change it, and like the PP's said, the closer to 40 wks, the better.
    srhmldndo

Answer by srhmldndo at 11:31 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i was induced the first time because the baby was 10 pounds i didnt have any problems with the preg he was just a big baby, i was in labor for 12 hours and i only got to 4 cen and his head would not move at all he wouldt drop down. the doc just said somthing about if i go in labor with this baby it could be harmful to me beacuse my last c section was only 2 years ago, i just want every thing to go fine!
    lmholder06

Answer by lmholder06 at 11:35 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i was over 10 lbs and i was born naturally. not induced. a baby will come when ready. i would let them do it the natural way.
    you can always have a vbac.
    Anonymous

• 39th week is two week's early... For those of you who have not had c-section's having a nautral birth after one is dangeres. That is why they induce a few week's early so you do not risk going into labor. Although I alway's wound up going into labor before my date. I hade 3 c-section's
    tabbers133

Answer by tabbers133 at 11:39 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• "For those of you who have not had c-section's having a nautral birth after one is dangeres."

Not for most women. VBACs are actually safer than repeat cesareans for most women.

I agree with waiting as long as possible, baby is still inside for a reason-- he/she is not done growing.

doulala

Answer by doulala at 12:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• And~ you can always work for a vaginal birth, too. SO much information is available to you about this. Let me know if you'd like to know more. :-)

Best wishes!!

doulala

• After 1 needed c-section and 1 scheduled (read "not needed") c-section I went on to deliver a single pregnancy and a twin pregnancy v-bac, both completely natural. Although there are some risks associated with v-bacs, it isn't nearly as high as the risk of repeated c-sections. The body heals faster and without the abdominal pain associated with surgery. And for the record I am against episiotomies also.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 12:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2008