For those of you who believe in evolution...

I personally don't believe in it but then again I don't understand it wither lol. What are your beliefs on how the world came about, or humans or all that good stuff? This is not intended as a "bash" against anyones beliefs but I am curious on it.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• What is Evolution?
    Definition of and current thoughts about evolution.
    www.geocities.com/capecanaveral/lab/2948/evolve.html -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• It is possible for the DNA of an organism to occasionally change, or mutate. A mutation changes the DNA of an organism in a way that affects its offspring, either immediately or several generations down the line.
    The change brought about by a mutation is either beneficial, harmful or neutral.
    (cont'd)
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 10:04 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• (cont'd)
    As mutations occur and spread over long periods of time, they cause new species to form. Over the course of many millions of years, the processes of mutation and natural selection have created every species of life that we see in the world today, from the simplest bacteria to humans and everything in between.

Billions of years ago, according to the theory of evolution, chemicals randomly organized themselves into a self-replicating molecule. This spark of life was the seed of every living thing we see today (as well as those we no longer see, like dinosaurs). That simplest life form, through the processes of mutation and natural selection, has been shaped into every living species on the planet.
    Destiny13

• 2 Peter 3:8
    "But do not forget this one thing, dear friends: With the Lord a day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a day."

I believe that God created the Earth and all of its creatures. I believe that He planned for the earth to change and the creatures to evolve.  In the short time that man has known science we have seen the effects of natural selection - it can not be denied, nor can the infinite power and wisdom of Christ. Why can't we believe that Christ planned for things to change?

Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 10:06 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Destiny pretty much summed up what I believe, although I have no hard idea on how it all began...who knows, who will ever know...
    But I do believe in evolution/natural selection. Evolution also doesn't mean evolving into the biggest and strongest. Sometimes the most beneficial thing is to get smaller. So smaller members of the species are more likely to survive and have offspring which have a greater chance of also being small...they then pass on the the genes until a point when all the larger members of the species just die off.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:47 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Destiny explained it very well. I think it was simply energy which flows throughout the entire Universe that "sparked" the beginning of life on the planet.
    nysa00

Answer by nysa00 at 8:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• well nothing was ever said about the mechanics of HOW god created everything.. it was said he did it in 6 days and on the 7th day he rested. BUT.. remember time is a human measurement. So I think god created everything in a scientific way. Because thats the way things add up EVERYWHERE. each living thing is composed of a scientific algorythm.. each cell.. atom ect... so yeah I beleive in evolution.. but I beleive GOD put things into motion to set up evolution.. which is the way He created things. Science and God go hand in hand. He created everything after all he could do it the way he wanted to right?
    Alizure

Answer by Alizure at 11:47 AM on Jul. 17, 2008