• In the Spotlight:

anyone with short hair?!

have you ever swore up and down that you were going to let it grow out but keep cutting it anyways? i always get stuck at the weird stage between short and almost to the shoulders, i need to push myself through it and not chop it off!

learae

Asked by learae at 11:30 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• ive always had long hair, but i always tell myself im going to let my natural hair color grow out (blonde) and when it starts to get like 2-3 in blonde, i dye it. ha it just takes too long
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:33 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I let mine grow long and then I cut it super short. My husband likes it short, so he's always happy when I do that. I'm currently growing it out again. My hair's wavy/curly and the last time I went to get my hair trimmed, she suggested I try straightening it. I honestly didn't think my hair was long enough for it, but it's quite a bit longer straightened. I feel your pain though. lol I've been in the awkward hair stage for longer than I care to remember!
    Happywith2girls

Answer by Happywith2girls at 11:43 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• i never have the same haircut... i will grow it out (the longest i've ever had it, is just grazing my shoulders), and then chop it off. right now i have a mix of pixie and faux hawk. it's super cute. my stylist is the best, and always shapes it to grow out so that it doesn't look like it's growing out. (here's my tip if you're trying to grow it out fast... prenatal vitamins.)
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 11:49 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I'm growing mine out now. It's super thick and wavy. I had it almost to my waist and chopped it all off last year. Now it's too long for spikes, too short for anything else. I did keep my bangs kind of long, chin length. But it's just in that annoying stage now. I'm trying real hard not to cut it again.
    southenrmunchkn

Answer by southenrmunchkn at 5:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I know how you feel, I had my hair at shoulder length then right before christmas I got it cut chin length in a cute Jessica Alba style cut and liked it at first but when I got home and shampooed it really began to suck. Finally, a girl on cafemom told me to tease it at the crown after brushing it back and it looks stylish and cutsy.
    noel24

Answer by noel24 at 3:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm in that stage right now. My hair grows fast but I am using headbands to keep it looking nice.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 3:44 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Nope im a let grow long and chop it off kinda gal... An then i always hate it afterwards... Im in a bob now and i hate it... I hate to fix it, i hate not fixing it, its an on going battle for me...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Definately. This happens to me every time. I swear I am going to let my hair grow out, but it gets to my chin and I chop it all off! I went from it being a little past my chin and blonde to a dark brown pixie!
    STACIEH

Answer by STACIEH at 8:58 AM on Feb. 21, 2009