• In the Spotlight:

I had a cesearean section 6 months ago... i may be pregnant now? im afraid it will rip back open.... anyone have advice or know anything about this?

please dont be cruel.....i just need answers on what you know or think about my scar and carrying a baby this soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Dec. 28, 2008 in Pregnancy

• you should take a test first so you dont worry for no reason :) good luck though, i would ask a dr they could give you the best information on that. :D
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 11:41 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• LMAO,,,,,,, i had 2 c-sections. I never even thought of this. But Nope its not gonna rip open fron carrying a baby. It could if u try to have a vaginal birth this time though, Dont worry.... Im all intact!!
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 11:54 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• I found out I was pregnant when my daughter was 9 months old. She'll be 13 months in a few days. I'm 18 weeks pregnant and going strong, everything intact. My doctor says if you're over 6 months after giving birth then you're safe to get pregnant again. You should be fine. Congrats if you really are preggers and happy new year!
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:57 PM on Dec. 28, 2008

• Four months after my 1st Csection, I was pregnant again. The pregnancy went off w/o a hitch. I was scheduled for my 2nd Csection @ 38 wks. Once I got to the hospital & hooked up to the monitors, they discovered I was already in full blown labor --- I had no clue. I had so much scar tissue I didn't feel a thing.

They found I small rupture on my previous uterine incision. I didn't have any indication that had happened either --- scar tissue. It was numb to me. My Dr. told me had I not had that 2nd section scheduled for when it was, I would've continue to labor & rupture w/o me knowing it until it was too late for my uterus & my baby.

Know that's not what you want to hear... but I'm sure others have more positive stories to share. BTW -- went on to have a 3rd Csection as well. No rupture with that one, but was -- again -- in full blown labor when I showed up for my schedules surgery (@ 37 wks).
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 12:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2008