Inlaws

Did having children make your relationship with them better or worse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would say the same. It was good before baby and still is.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 12:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• worse... now, instead of her just annoying the shit out of me, she feels the need to tell me how she did things. i don't give a flying rat's ass! ugh, mil's are such a pain in the butt!
    abelsmama07

Answer by abelsmama07 at 12:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Worse.
    But in my case, to be fair, my MIL found out when my first was a month old that her husband had been cheating on her with hookers for the past three years.. So she became an alcoholic, and holed up in her house just to fight with and have sex with her husband..
    Also dragged me into her relationship, and finally it put so much strain on my relationship with her son, that I had to cut things off with her, and tell her I didn't want anything to do with her until she got help..
    She was one of my closest friends prior to that.
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• But my mom always warned me- once you have kids you find more faults with your partner's parents.. And I think I would have found fault regardless, simply because now I see the things they did with their kids that messed them up.. I see them are more materialistic, and how they buy love, (they do it with my kids now), and how they are their own first priority (in-laws are their own priority, I mean.. Never put their own kids first, and certainly haven't put my kids first in anything..)
    Liyoness

Answer by Liyoness at 1:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• worse my mother in law tells me im not doing my job im sick of hearing the crap
    noahsmomma_917

Answer by noahsmomma_917 at 2:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Neither. We don't interact with them much except over the phone from several states away, so they aren't much a part of my life.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• worse, in every way. My MIL is overbearing and annoying, my FIL is just an asshole. He thinks its funny to make me feel like crap and also thinks the best way to get my infant son's attention is crinkling a diet coke can right in his face then shove a whole fingerfull of whipped cream in his mouth at 3 months old....grrr my blood is boiling again lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'd say about the same....... my MIL likes to be very involved and has a solution or advice for EVERYTHING. I just keep my distance I make it very clean that my child is MY CHILD. I may not do things to her liking but that does not make my way wrong.
    ms.taylor_made

Answer by ms.taylor_made at 8:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• worse for me,becouse my stepson is jelouse and my mil gives him whatever he wants and he lies about me so she will buy him expensive stuff
    angelairelan

Answer by angelairelan at 8:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• The same if not better. I think my mother in law really respects how good of a mom I am and can see that I'm taking good care of her precious granddaughter. We've never had a problem getting along before then anyway.
    julipickle

Answer by julipickle at 12:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2008