How old was your child when you 1st brought them to the movies?

ok. my son is gonna be 2yrs in a month (month & day) and i wanna bring him to the movies for his birthday. but im worried that it would be too loud or something like.

secret_225

Asked by secret_225 at 12:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I know mine wouldn't sit still for an entire movie - she's 2.5 and I haven't taken her yet.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter is turning 3 next week and she just started sitting through feature lenght films a few months ago. She sat through movies at home though at around 2.5. years old.
    maddysmomma

Answer by maddysmomma at 12:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• about 4 years old.
    Yve538

Answer by Yve538 at 1:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I took my son for the first time when he was 6 months old. He has been a couple of times since then. He always does really well.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 8:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I havent. DD is 14 months, and I would probably wait until--as PP said--she can sit still through an entire movie at home before I would bring her to the theatre. Be sure to prepare your son. "show" him how big the screen is, and let him know its very loud!
    epoh

Answer by epoh at 8:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Dd won't sit still that long ---so i plan on waiting until she's at least 4 or 5.
    Lanasmom

Answer by Lanasmom at 9:07 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you are taking your child for the child's enjoyment of the movie, you should wait! Sometimes we have to take younger ones along because we have older ones but from the point of view of the one that young....they are not ready. Regarding the person that takes a 6 month old....that may work now because the baby is so young....a few more months it may not work out so well anymore.
    BJoan

Answer by BJoan at 9:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• BJoan - My son isn't 6 months old anymore. That is just how old he was when we first took him. He is 2.5 years old now and has seen at least 6 movies in theatres and has behaved for each one. The last one was this summer when we went to see WallE. The only time he acted up during a movie was when he saw the Spiderman movie and that was because he was laughing.
    purpleducky

Answer by purpleducky at 9:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My son went to the movies for the first time when he was 2. We saw Curious George and he's sat through movies very well since then.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 9:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• First time at about 3 months. She really was fascinated and didn't cry even once. We were nervous about the noise, the flashing screen, etc, but she really enjoyed it. Took her again to see Wall-e at about 14 months and she REFUSED to sit there AT ALL. So, I think she'll be about 2.5 or 3 before we'll try again. It's not worth the near $30 it costs for just us 3 to try and go.
    mommy2danica

Answer by mommy2danica at 9:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2008