I have a 15 year old niece..

and she's on facebook and noticed some of her friends talking to her.. and what not i clicked on there page and the pictures where wow! makes me wonder do parents know what kind of pictures there teen daughters are posting online??

Supermommy1129

Asked by Supermommy1129 at 5:51 PM on Aug. 28, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• I don't think so my sister is 15 and blocks my mom from the albums she doesn't want her to see.
    misanthropic

Answer by misanthropic at 5:55 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• Probably not...don't you have to be 18 for a FB account? I know kids are on it but it is age restricted for a reason. My 18 y/o was just allowed to join and she wasn't that impressed w/ the social networking so she deactivated her account. My 29 y/o son is an attorney, he says the liability is not worth having FB. Our family communicates old school...in person LOL!
    BigMomm4

Answer by BigMomm4 at 5:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• Some are completely clueless. My oldest son is now 19 (almost 20) and out of the house. When he was living with us though girls would call the house at 2-3am. I would have to tell them to stop calling after 10. They did not listen and would get rude and ugly. My son one time called one back (which I did not know). Their mom called me in the middle of the night yelling about how my son was calling and how her dd was not allowed to talk to boys. I informed her of her lovely daughters actions calling my house, cussing at me, etc. I then said you know before you blame my son who I know was calling her back, check her facebook pics.

Answer by gemgem at 5:56 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• i mean we know that the new generation is more open. parents seem to be more lenient with them, they are allowed to do and have things that i never even had. the way they speak to there parents is another thing.. i can't believe some of the things that come out of childrens mouths at times..
    Supermommy1129

Comment by Supermommy1129 (original poster) at 5:59 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• 15 is just not "15" anymore....it's more like "20". Sad, really.
    layawatling

Answer by layawatling at 6:16 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• I forgot what it is called but there is a program that monitors and even blocks selected email adresses, senders etc. Some internet providers provide such services.
    Dag2009

Answer by Dag2009 at 6:23 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• You have to be involved and check it periodically.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 8:26 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• My niece (17) got her page taken down for posting what they considered underage porn. What is worse it is was a picture of her. It was pretty bad.
    aj23

Answer by aj23 at 9:01 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• TOS for Facebook is 13. But in my house, you cannot access a computer without my knowing passwords etc. for all social media.
    My children aren't allowed to block me from accessing their FB pages via my own or I will password protect all the computers in the house.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 9:48 PM on Aug. 28, 2011

• for my children yes i know extactly whats going on because i'm on top of them about it... for some of their friends i'm sure the parents have no idea.... i've have to show a at least one parent what was going on she was clueless and probaly still is....
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:10 AM on Aug. 29, 2011