Are humans animals? My boyfriend and I are debating this question.

I say humans are not animals but my boyfriend says we are animals.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in About CafeMom

• We evolved from animals, therefore we are animals. Only 1 % of our genes differ from those of chimps. Humans are not vegetables or minerals, so what would consider us?
    lovinmystar

Answer by lovinmystar at 12:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Are Humans Animals?
    This page contains the hard core truth on whether humans are animals or not. If you are reading this description, it is probably because my page contains ...
    www.hardcoretruth.com/Human_Animals/ -
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 1:05 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• My fiance says that we are parasites..yes, created by god..however we are parasites..using up all of earths resourses..thats why we are trying to get on mars! LOL(His opinion)
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:59 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• ...God made the wild animals according to their kinds, the livestock according to their kinds, and all the creatures that moved along the earth according to their kinds.And God saw that it was good.
    Then God said, "Let us make man in our image, in our likeness, and let them rule over the fish of the sea and the birds of the air, over the livestock, over all the earth, and over all the creatures that move along the ground.
    So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them.-Genesis
    This is what leads me to believe that we are probably not animals.He created the animals and then seperately he says he created man.And man ruled over the animals.Not animals rule over the animals.Unless we are not man.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:07 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I like the answer above mine...
    Susan0976

Answer by Susan0976 at 7:24 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• We are definitely animals.
    Destiny13

Answer by Destiny13 at 9:58 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Theology aside...Everything on the earth is animal, vegetable or mineral... you decide what you are. As for me, I'm an animal...with posable thumbs.
    mamajamsa

Answer by mamajamsa at 12:12 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• We are mammals. IMHO we did not come from animals. We were made human and that's what we are.
    jaschem

Answer by jaschem at 1:00 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• ANIMALIA - CHORDATA - MAMMALIA - PRIMATA - HOMINIDAE - HOMO - SAPIENS

http://www.cartage.org.lb/en/kids/science/Biology%20Cells/Studies/Human%20Taxonomy.htm
    Sarahem

Answer by Sarahem at 3:10 AM on Sep. 25, 2008