Sex and Labor

So I've just been wondering how long its safe to have sex... I mean I imagine if it doesn't hurt that means its still good but if i start dialating or something and don't know about it or something crazy will something bad happen..?

I also had another but i'm going to start a new question for that.

Jan0609momma

Asked by Jan0609momma at 1:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I am currently dilated to 3 cm and having sex as often as possible. BUT I'm trying to get this moving along and sex at this point can help with that. Semen magically helps the cervix soften and orgasm can help bring on the contractions - I've been told. But I've also been told that it's fine to have sex as long into your pregnancy as you are comfortable with, unless your doctor warms you not to.
    rethink911

Answer by rethink911 at 3:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• keep having sex as long as you want until your dr says other wise.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had sex right up to the day before I gave birth. I gave birth on the 5th and the nite before i had sex. my bf already knew i was dialated. he felt it
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• if you're Not high risk, sex is great and if your baby is taking forever to come into the world, the dr. will reccomend sex to help baby come. something about the sperm helps thin our cervix. not too sure, but i know it has to do with the sperm
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 3:31 AM on Dec. 29, 2008