Why Does She Still Want Me In The Morning

My 18 month old daughter sleeps by herself during naps and bedtime but about 6am, she wants to come into bed with me until about 9am. I try everything to get her to go back to sleep on her own and she completely refuses. What should I do? I've made sure she has a drink, a clean diaper, lullaby music, I rock her, give her a massage and sing to her. All fails in the morning.

mom_n_goddess

Asked by mom_n_goddess at 1:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My DS does this. I see it as our cuddle time. I enjoy it, because there will be a day when he doesn't want to cuddle with me. It's our special moment.
    I say, enjoy it, momma.
    nwdeserangel

Answer by nwdeserangel at 12:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Well, I mean, she wants her mama! If she sleeps well in her own bed ... why can't she come in to yours in the morning? She obviously needs her mama and I for one would love my little girl to come into my warm bed with me and cuddle.

I can't see why she CAN'T be in your bed, so I say let her come snuggle with you.
    Arkaidy

Answer by Arkaidy at 9:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I snuggle with my daughter every morning..It was not planned that way but i will take whever sleep i can get lol..plus its not hurting anyone..
    ryanlynn

Answer by ryanlynn at 10:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• She loves you!!!!!!!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 12:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008