vacations

My friend & I are turning 40 in 2009, we plan to go away to a nice island. I have been to Bahamas, Jamaica, Cayman Islands and Dominincan Rep. We want to visit a nice, affordable island. what do you recommend?

Yve538

Asked by Yve538 at 1:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Travel

• ARUBA..we stay at the Mariott Renaisance Marina Hotel and LOVE it. They have their own private island and a little boat comes every day to take you to it. We usualy go in Jan too. Its very nice then. And the spa at that resort is awesome too. I had my best eye brow wax ever there.
    HayleyGM

Answer by HayleyGM at 11:20 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Guam! The airline tickets to get there might be more than anywhere else, but it is so amazing. And the people there speak English and are very friendly to Americans. You will find great shopping, cultural experiences (try Chamorro Village), the best food, 5 star hotels, and pristine beaches that are definitely not overcrowded! We spent 3 years there with the military and loved it! go to http://visitguam.org/main/ to see more.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 12:23 AM on Dec. 30, 2008

• Hawaii. I have been to numerous islands througout the Caribbean but they definitely lack as it pertains to customer service and amenities and so forth compared to Hawaii. Hawaii is definitely more expensive but SOOOO worth it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:20 AM on Jan. 1, 2009

• how about Mackinac Island?
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 4:28 PM on Jan. 2, 2009