If you don't want a C section

If you don't want a C section but the doctor recommends it, will you still refuse?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:09 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yeah ill still refuse it. unless it is MEDICALLY needed because there is something wrong with me or the baby, i wont do it.

a lot of times i think drs want to do c sections because the labor is "taking long" or something like that.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• who would actually refuse it and let the baby or themselves die? because that's hardcore natural childbirth there.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i would refuse it. just because the dr recommends it doesnt mean its the only option.
    and it doesnt mean the baby or the mother will die. that wasnt put in the question.

now if i or the baby or both were in the situation where we could die THEN yes, of course i would do it but that wasnt a part of the qestion.
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i had a c section and i didnt want it but there was nothing i could do but cry cause i was so scared and all the doctors were yelling at me to stop crying and that just made it worse..that was the scariest time of my life
    akashaismyworld

Answer by akashaismyworld at 4:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I wish I had refused my 2nd c-section. The dr told me that my liver was failing and that I had preeclampsia. Yea, my dumb a$$ found out 6 weeks later that nothing was wrong with me but gallstones! I only had gallbladder problems! I could have had a natural birth! I'm still pissed at myself for not asking for proof! So yes I would refuse a c-section if they didn't have real proof.
    lighthouse98

Answer by lighthouse98 at 4:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'd only have a c-sec for an emergency reason that occurred during L/D itself - like baby's heart stopped or my b/p bottomed out and I had to be revived. It's a major abdominal surgery and it should be avoided when possible. Funny that no one goes to a surgeon and says "Could you slice me open just in case part of my colon needs to be removed?" but they think nothing of "Could you slice me open to get my baby out because it's not coming soon enough?" or "Could you do it because this date works better for our schedule?" Having a c-sec should be taken more seriously and I wouldn't do it for any reason other than unavoidable life or death situations.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Ask the doctor why he/she wants the c-section. If there is a medical reason that will place you or your baby at risk without it, then you should do it. If there is no immediate threat, then tell him/her that you would like to continue to labor because you are determined to have a vaginal birth.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:13 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• IF there was a medically sound reason, I would be glad of a cesarean. BUT I would be mad if a doctor only made a recommendation for their own convenience or over misinformation.

There are situations where a cesarean truly is a life-saving procedure, but doctors should have legit reasons (not theories proven innacurate) and first see if there's a way to prevent that before pushing the option. Unfortunately, some doctors really only want to make things easier for themselves or don't keep up with recent studies and will recommend a cesarean even if it wasn't necessary until they started invading.
    redlily08

Answer by redlily08 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008