sex during pregnancy??

here is a serious question... did pregnancy interfere with your love life? i understand that its ok to have sex during pregancy but how many of u just decided u dindnt want to because it got to uncomfortable? sum would say " at least u can experiment" but really?? i have tried it n tried it but sex isnt pleasureable anymore for me at least. And i feel so bad for my bf because we used to do it all the timen now i wont even let him touch me.. any advice? stories? please let me know..

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Sorry I am no help. I wanted it more.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It affects everyone differently. Things should go back to normal sometime after baby comes, if that's encouraging. Are you feeling off about how you look pg? Some people have an aversion to how they look pg and avoid sex. Some just don't like the way it feels. Some have a hard time having orgasms because of the swelling. I think you just have to be honest with yourself and do only what you want to. Bf should understand. You could be nice and give in even if you aren't particularly into it now and then, but he should be just as willing - and even more - to not ask if he knows you don't feel like it. It's only sex and it's only for a season.
    GrowingMama

Answer by GrowingMama at 4:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• im almost 3 months right now and i have had sex 2 times since i found out. and just like you we did it all the time i feel bad as well but i just do other stuff for him. just even the thought of it makes me exhausted.
    ALLIE637

Answer by ALLIE637 at 5:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My husband wants it more.
    However,i want it less since everything hurts.
    He acts like a child but despite his comments as though, i'm doing it on purpose.
    When i do feel good i tell him and he is like maybe i will deprive you wne you want it now,WTF.
    I'm reacting off a body that is happy to just make it through a day.
    Plus being i had a baby loss,you woulod think he would want to be careful since i have had spotting afterwards.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• when i was pregnant i did feel like doing it a lot more for the first couple months. but as my pregnancy progressed, it got to be more difficult to orgasm. i still would do it for my husband at that point, but later on it started to hurt, so that is when we quit.
    marci2babies

Answer by marci2babies at 10:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I would keep an open mind about it. I don't know how far along you are, but things may change. During my first trimester, I did't want to be touched either. But once I hit about 14 weeks, things got much better! I'm still so tired, so we aren't having as much sex, but the sex we ARE having is GREAT! :)
    owensmom17

Answer by owensmom17 at 11:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am 30 weeks pregnant and my husband and I just started having sex about a month ago again. During the first and second trimester, I did not want to be touched. I felt bad because I know he hated having to masturbate by himself, but it was just too uncomfortable and the whole idea was not a good one for me. Now even when we do it, I still don't enjoy it but it isn't hurtful anymore so I do it for him. I would try talking with your boyfriend about what you're feeling and hope he understands.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 1:13 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm in the same boat. When I first found out I was pregnant, I couldn't stand for anyone to come near me! I'm 24 weeks now and I still can't stand it! My boyfriend and I have tried having sex a few times but I get so frusterated because I'm uncomfortable in every position. Trust me, I feel bad for my boyfriend, he has to put up with my crazy mood swings and my food cravings and never gets sex....I think I'm just going to have to wait it out until after the baby comes. I think it all depends on the person, most pregnant woman say that they want sex more, but it's all in the horomones.
    Anonymous