Alcohol...

I seem to have a very high alcohol tolerance. I only drink maybe once a month. The few times we do go out, I seem to be able to drink much more than my husband. For example, tonight I had a stoli collins, a vodka & coke, a long island iced tea, and a shot of jose. I also finished off the last bit of my husband's drink. And I hardly felt tipsy....What's with that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Health

• peoples metabolism and weight and height and digestion are different than others. and thats what makes the difference.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It depends on how much you weigh and what you've had to eat...or if you've not eaten.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Time plays a factor too, if you had that in an hour that would be weird, but if that was over the course of 6 hours then that's fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:20 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Question Asker -----> I drank that in the time span of an hour and a half, and that was 3 hours ago, so it's not like it took a while to kick in, because I've been fine all night. And I'm not overweight at all. I only weigh like 140, and I'm 5'3.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• What did you have for dinner?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• it just depends on the people. every BODY is different
    KelsoBabeyy

Answer by KelsoBabeyy at 4:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• High alcohol tolerance is a sign of a potential alcohol problem. Alcoholics often times can "drink others under the table" because their bodies metabolize it differently. My dh is a recovering alcoholic--he was a binge drinker. He could go months and one time a whole year without drinking--but when he did--he could put it away. He went through treatment and I spent a lot of time learning about alcoholism. Finishing other peoples' drinks is also a small red flag:-) I am NOT saying you are an alcoholic, but you might really want to take a serious look at your drinking. Again--you can drink once a year and be an alcoholic.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• umm 140 is overweight for 5'3 cause I'm 5'3 as well and i was told and have seen all the many charts for healthy weight and it always says 125-130. But that doesn't factor in the actual fat verses muscle anyways thought I would point it out to ya. Oh I have gone to bars and such with my DF and sometime they put less alcohol in mine then DF's. they have done it to friends as well. I got erally pissed and called them on it. so not good. I after awhile started making him order my drinks solved that problem quick.
    lady-J-Rock

Answer by lady-J-Rock at 10:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2008