Do you curse more often when you're more stressed or have more anger?

My stress level has gone way up because we got a puppy that wont stop chewing on everything, a son that antagonizes the puppy even after I tell him to stop and even after the dog bites his arm (not hard, just puppy playful), and a dad that is a total douche nozzle. I realized that I'm cursing way more, and raising my voice way more. I'm surprised I don't have a sore throat yet! The SO is losing it too. Luckily, we're not the type to take it out on each other!

lilmel1694

Asked by lilmel1694 at 4:44 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I try to substitute words for swears. I use to swear a LOT and when I realized how offensive and vulgar it sounded, even to my own ears, I tried very hard to change it.
    LOL...what I really needed was "Cursers Anonymous" but I did the changing on my own.
    Now I say sugar and oopsie, which sounds corny, but sounds a lot better to those around me, especially at work in a retail store...LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 7:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Guilty!
    Its hard. I have to find substitute words and make a conscience effort not to curse....but I forget to make that effort sometimes.
    LovinEveryDay

Answer by LovinEveryDay at 10:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2008