About the spinal for a c-section, what do you think?

Well.... I know they say that "you'll be in so much pain it won't hurt" but what about if your not in labor? i'm having my c-section at 39 weeks and wondering how bad the spinal will hurt, just walking into the hospital from a normal day

AshJoe05

Asked by AshJoe05 at 5:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I would make sure i had the spinal if i where you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• That wasn't the question.... of course I need the spinal, it's a repeat c-section....
    AshJoe05

Answer by AshJoe05 at 5:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• When they give you the spinal, take a deep breath and breathe easy,it won't hurt as bad. It will feel more like a twinge. Ask whoever gives it to you to let you know when they are starting so you can breathe deep. It will relax you and won't hurt as much. The thing is relaxing will help. Tensing up will make it hurt a lot, so try to be calm.
    Kat122

Answer by Kat122 at 6:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had a little discomfort after my spinal. I still feel a slight discomfort in my lower back but it was ok. It works very fast.
    Terry01

Answer by Terry01 at 6:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Epidoral is the way to go. Too many of my friends complained about the spinal. I was awake for my 3rd C-section and had no trouble at all and was up in a couple hours walking around. Had my Aspie son at 30 weeks.
    emereldas

Answer by emereldas at 7:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Ive had two c/sections where labor wasnt a part of it(walking in off street to hossy at 39 wks to have baby LOL).

It was like a bee sting, smarts then it kinda got warm and then the numbing process started, all within a minute I would say. By the time you really start thinking about it...you are numb and trying to lay down on the table LOL.
    BonesDragonDew

Answer by BonesDragonDew at 7:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had an epidural with my first and a spinal with my second. Inserting them was no different. They felt the same. The only thing with my spinal was that it took longer to kick in and the dr was getting worried that I would still feel the cut (which I didn't). IT will only feel like a sting, then it gets numb. Good luck and Congratulations!
    MommyJen

Answer by MommyJen at 8:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• When I had Sarah I had a scheduled c-section. The first stick was the numbing the area and that felt like a bee sting, and then then stuck me again in the same stuff and I got a very fast warming feeling and I was numb for like 4-5 hours afterwords. I am having another baby in March 2009 and having a another csection. I hope this helps you.
    jessduncan77

Answer by jessduncan77 at 8:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree with the other ladies . It feels like a bee sting when they freeze the area , then all you feel is pressure and a warm tingly feeling . It's fairly fresh in my mind having had it done 3 months ago .
    Meshell7

Answer by Meshell7 at 8:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had a repeat c section with my second child and I can honestly say the most annoying and painful part of it was the dam cather (pee bag type thing I can't spell it) that was the most miserable part for me.
    Tygermommanikki

Answer by Tygermommanikki at 9:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008