What is your basic routine?

I have been pretty bad at taking care of myself. I would like a sense of what is basic to feeling pretty. I want to hear from basically happy women who are down to earth but look put together most days because they take the time to get themselves together. Will you comment on make up, clothes, activities etc. Anthing you would share if you were hosting a makeover show and I was the "guest". Thanks.
I am 48 and I want to invest more in myself this year. I want to make a lifestyle change.

happi-ladi

Asked by happi-ladi at 8:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Beauty & Style

• First of all kudos for realizing you should take care of yourself! I will tell you what I tell all women in my life, "when you think less of yourself, it is a slap in the face to your creator". I am a Happy Woman and think I am down to earth so I would love to share with you the most important thing! Loving the skin you are in. Seriously, you can put on all the makeup, clothing and jewelry you like but you will still be you. I had to learn who I was and why I was put on this earth. I read books about what I was going through. I got around like-minded people. I make sure to take care of me first. I don't neglect my kids or husband but I also don't put myself last either. I get my hair, nails and feet done. I make sure to fix myself up when I go out. I take care of my skin and I exercise at least three times a week. Like the previous lady said, it is about balance also. Again, I think it's great that you are taking control.
    usanamama

Answer by usanamama at 4:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm sorry, I'm not at all pretty and I don't wear any makeup at all.
    I do cleanse my face with a pore cleanser (Biore` is the best) and then use a very light daily moisturizer for sensitive skin once I'm dry.
    I use powder on certain areas of my body, a nice non-greasy lotion on my hands, arms, elbows, and legs. I use a deep moisturizer for my feet because they tend to crack in the winter.
    After my hair air dries (I hate to blow dry it) I just put it up in a pony tail or leave it down. If I put it up and I'm going out, I'll use the Dove hairspray spritz for my frizzies in front.
    I like to use a lightly tinted chapstick (the beeswax kind) for my lips.
    I keep my nails shaped, a bit short, and clean - no polish.
    I'm a country bumpkin through and through.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:32 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am not the most pulled together person, but this is my daily routine. I am 32 and have a 2 year old daughter.

Morning:
    1. Wash face with Cetaphil.
    2. Makeup: mineral powder foundation, blush, mascara (I have to use an eyelash curler as mine grown straight down) and eyeshadow if I feel like it.
    3. Style hair with gel (I have a very short pixie cut).

Night:
    1. Wash face with Cetaphil.
    2. Use mineral oil to take off eye makeup.
    I don't use moisturizers, they always break me out.

I shave my legs and armpits every 2 days or so and use mineral oil after I get out of the shower to moisturize. I also use lotion on my feet at night.
    sariejack

Answer by sariejack at 2:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am 28, I stay at home with 2 boys.

Wake up & give our 3.5 year old breakfast. I HAVE to shower before 8 month old wakes up or I am a bear for the rest of the day. After shower I put on makeup, which takes 5-10 mins.

Dry my hair with the boys watching, since they think it's amazing.

I usually don't worry about what I'm wearing unless I leave the house. If I have sweats on, I try to have a decent top on.

I keep up with pedicures and manicures. Hair is highlighted every 6-8 weeks. I feel better when these things are done & hubby is happier when I am feeling my best. Plus I pay him back my keeping our home and kids clean and happy!

I try to work out a few days a week at home in the evening.

I think it's important to keep balanced and still feel like a woman, since we spend so much time and energy on our families! Congrats on your decision to take better care of yourself, you deserve it!
    mamabear0025

Answer by mamabear0025 at 2:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Well im 29 mama of two boys,

I get up and take a shower, i use stridex on my face
    I get dressed
    Get the boys up and get them dressed
    Thats my week in a nut shell, i use the cheapest fn makeup, try to do nothing with my hair, i cant paint my nails cause i wash dishes by hand everynight...

But if i was ever trying to get myself together i would start with a hot oil treatment on my hair, paint my nails (i have always felt so much prettier with my nails painted) Wear lips stick, that always makes me feel all dolled up, wear heels with everything (they do it VS cataloge for a reason, cause it looks hott) Show some skin...

Sorry im sure im not much help, but maybe you could get something out of what i said anyway... Good luck mama...
    HottMamaRossx2

Answer by HottMamaRossx2 at 3:53 PM on Dec. 29, 2008