Are any of you in college right now?

If so, are you attending a traditional college in a building or taking courses through an online college?

What degree or certification are you attempting to achieve?

I am attending CTU Online for my Associate's in Medical Billing and Coding and will be graduating in March 2009. I'm going to go back and earn a Bachelor's in Business Administration/Healthcare Management to further my career.

I'd love to hear from you of your stories and support you or anyone thinking of going to college. It's an awesome experience!

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 8:35 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I am attending UOP online and getting my degree in psychology. I have 2 weeks left of this block then after that 1 more class and I graduate. After that I intend to go to the community college to get my certifications for CT and MRI so I can get a job right away while I work on my bachelors.

Answer by gemgem at 8:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• HI! I am an nursing student at a community college here in Ohio. I will be graduating in June-WOOWOO! I plan to work for a year and go on for my BSN or maybe even MSN-it depends on which program I can get into.

I have taken online courses offered through the college to curve our childcare expenses, but all of my nursing courses are in class and of course clinicals are in the hospitals. I have a 4 year old and 2 year old. I got pregnant with our oldest my first quarter into the prereqs.

It has been a long..........hard.........road! But I am soo proud of myself. I will be the first in my family to graduate college. I am already looking for jobs, and have one **potential** job!
    JennRN09

Answer by JennRN09 at 8:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I already did that. After getting my BA, I attended school at night to get my teaching certification when I was pregnant with dd and after she was born. 5 years later, I attended college online with a 5 year old and a 3 month old, to get my MS. It was totally worth it. Plus, I was working full time that whole time.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 9:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have an appt. today at the Ohio Center for Broadcasting to see if I can be admitted. If all goes well and I can get financial aid of some form then I will begin next semester. I really would like to be a radio personality, particularly political radio.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am taking my prereqs at a community college for the nursing program. This last semester was my first semester that I actually completed. Most of it was online, but now I have to take all the classes that I can't take online so we will see how I do!
    redneckstepmom

Answer by redneckstepmom at 10:15 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm attending a community college in AL. I've been there for 3 semesters, but I still have 2 more b/c there were a few classes I was interested in but they weren't in my degree plan. I'm going to be a teacher; however, I haven't decided if I want to teach 1st or 2nd grade or if I want to be a special needs teacher. I guess I better hurry up and decide! I want to eventually get my doctorate's degree. I take most of my classes on campus, but there are a few that I have taken online.

renea20

Answer by renea20 at 10:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• im attending CTC in my city starting spring 09. Im not sure what I wanna do as my major...probably business.
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 12:49 PM on Dec. 29, 2008