What is your teenagers schedule during week? Homework, computer time, curfue, lights out?

I feel like I lost control, my two daughters are not structered at all and I need some advice as to what is a good schedule for weekdays, school work, computer time, bedtime. Any advice??? I feel a little lost. I want them to learn, but I want them to learn independence too.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:53 AM on Aug. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Mine have varied schedules depending on what they are doing in school, after school etc. My son just turned 18 and he is a Senior so he goes to school, comes home, gets something to eat and then usually heads back out to a friends or to work until around 10 pm. My teens really have little use for TV anymore. They are too busy. They all have their own computers by the time they are 13 and seem to limit themselves well on them. They have game systems and again by 16 or so they are not very into them, atleast mine arent. I say go with the flow, have some curfew in place, but give them enough freedom to learn. Our curfew is 13-15 10pm, 16-17 11pm, midnight on weekends. 18 and over they can come and go as they please but have to let me know if they will be home very late or spend the night somewhere.

Answer by gemgem at 12:27 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• Mine have varied schedules as well, depending on the season and activities. Typically there is sports practices after school for both my boys (13 & 17), there is vocal in the morning or academic decathalon or speach (depending on the season) before school for my oldest. They come home after practice and do homework, watch tv while I make dinner and then we have dinner and usually we just sit around and talk with the tv on. Curfew during the week is usually 9pm for the youngest and 10 for the oldest, but if there is a school function sometimes it can be a little later.
    On weekends my younger son needs to be home 10. My older son is 17 and can pretty much go as he wants too but typically I want him home by 1am. He has to check in every few hours and always has to tell me who he's with and what they are doing and where they are. It's never really been an issue for us.
    blessedwboysx3

Answer by blessedwboysx3 at 1:32 PM on Aug. 29, 2011