How many of you CHOOSE to wake up before your kids in the morning?

I like the idea of getting a few things done in the morning before the kids get up but I can't drag my butt out of bed. I stay up late after the kids go to bed for my "alone time" and usually end up reading.

Do you wake up before your kids? What time do you go to bed?

ReneeK3

Asked by ReneeK3 at 8:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• I wake up before my kids and dh every morning. I love it. I can get up and maybe watch the news and check email etc. Then I clean up the livingroom, dust etc all before they are up. I go to bed around 9pm and wake up around 6am.

Answer by gemgem at 9:00 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• well i go to bed around 10:30 or 11: on a good night. and i get up at six everymorning i have teenagers in skool and we start at six in the morning now that they are off for christmas break i am able to sleep in til 6:30 when i wake my husband up for work. and yes i prefer to get up before them becuz if i don't they are going to be loud and wake me up anyways so what is the point
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 9:02 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have always been a morning person. I use to set my alarm an hour before I had to get my girls up for school so I could have time to have my coffee, watch the news, and get my brain functioning.
    Now, my brain and body are so used to waking up early it's automatic. I wake up around 5 am every morning and I don't need to. My girls are in high school and get themselves up and off to school, but I still love the quiet, alone time before the house wakes up.
    I go to bed around 8pm and don't fall asleep until around 10pm or sometimes sooner.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am a navy-wife. I go to bed after hubby is asleep cause I have to wash his only set of utilities before morning. Then I have to Get his other clothes ready for him to wear. I lay out clothes for my daughter. I pay bills and clean and do everything I can't do during the day. Then, I get to bed around 11 pm or so. Hubby has to be at work at 6 am which means leaving by 5 There fore, he must wake up around 4. That means I wake up at 3:30 so I can iron his uniform and make his breakfast. (he gets a hot breakfast and fresh lunch everyday) My daughter usually wakes up around 5:30 so I get a total of around 2 hours before she gets up, but I am running the whole entire time. I do try to sit down and drink a cup of tea and soon as I see hubby out the door and watch a little news. I am 19 weeks preggo too, so my butt draggs most of the day.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am in bed by about 10:00. I have to be up by 5:15 to pick my husband up from work. Two of my kids get up right after I do.
    momtoeight

Answer by momtoeight at 9:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My husband is in the Army and he used to get up at 4 (last duty station) which I admit I slept right through. Now I get up around the same time he does (7ish) only because our youngest encourages me to do so :) I am pregnant and have two under two (well oldest just turned two) so I am cutting myself some slack. It would be nice to get up early... But I'd rather cuddle with my husband too late and not be able to do it. Eventually I will get back on track but I am not sweating it until then :-D
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:12 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I go to sleep around midnight and get up at 5:30, I love getting up before anyone else in my family, I get to have my coffee in peace.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 9:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I wake up before everyone in my house i get my husbands breakfast and make sure his clothes are washed and ironed for him and all his paperwork is where he wants it and then just before he goes i wake the kids up and while they're still waking up make they're breakfast etc. so there is a lot of things to do in the morning in our house especially with 5 kids. But usually me and my husband go to bed around 11 with some early and late nights in-between.
    Mummytomore

Answer by Mummytomore at 9:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• On school days,I wake up at 6.Then I wake my oldest up.I don't wake my 6 yr old till 7,because I have to get awake before I can run around getting him what he needs.I wake my oldest(10) at 6 so he can get his shower,but he does whatever he needs done,so I have my "wakeup" time.I too stay up late for alone time.
    m0m23b0ys458

Answer by m0m23b0ys458 at 9:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I am up before everyone else...most days. Saturdays are my day to "sleep in" although it's only until about 7. I am up around 5:00/5:15 each morning and out the door to the gym around 5:30. I get home about 6:45, eat my breakfast and watch some news before my husband gets up. I make his lunch, other wise he wouldn't eat lunch. Right now with school out, I let my son sleep as long as he wants, but normally, he has to be up at 6:45 so I can get him ready for Preschool. My little one, some days he's awake by 6:45, others he sleeps in like today.
    boizmom

Answer by boizmom at 9:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2008