Am I Crazy?

2 days ago I was having some pains (like period cramps) and right when the pain started, the baby started kicking and punching like crazy. After I laid down with my feet up, both the cramps and the baby movements had stopped.
Then yesterday I hadn't felt the baby nearly all day, even after eating some suuper sugary sweets, and drinking Mt. Dew, which usually wakes him... So I was really scared, starting bawling my eyes out, and told my hubby I wanted to go to the Ob triage to make sure my little boy was still okay. But once hubby said okay let's go, I didn't want to because I was afraid of any bad news they might tell me. Turns out baby's fine, and still super healthy. I just wanted to know if I'm crazy? Has anyone else ever done anything like that, or am I worrying too much?

shessohippie

Asked by shessohippie at 9:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• First one? Not crazy at all... and even if you were out of the norm, all women are affected differently with varying amounts of hormones. You did what you thought was best and followed your gut when you were worried (although I would have gone to the ob... with scary stuff it's usually best to find out early, even if it is scary. There is usually a better chance of having something they can do to help.). Also, you will totally run into this after the baby gets here. You will have times of worry and questioning yourself: "Am I overreacting??" You can question yourself but always follow your gut! Most women will find they are better safe than sorry. I wrote a journal recently for my bff and it has some similar and great advice in it for expectant moms, check it out!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Wanna hear crazy? My kids were both different from the womb even. Could just be your lil one's personality :) That's what I thought too, and so far I am right they are very much so like they were even that young :P now, that is crazy talk, hehe-  It's okay to be a lil crazy I guess!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:18 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• def not crazy =) this is my second pregnancy & i STILL worry all the time. i probably bug the hell out of my ob with my zillion questions lol. anyway glad to know your baby boy is in good health =)
    TechnoBunny

Answer by TechnoBunny at 10:30 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• You aren't crazy at all - no matter how many children you have had.
    It is always better to have peace of mind instead of worrying about a potential problem.
    I'm glad there is a triage clinic for you from your OB - what a wonderful thing to have instead of having to call the OB all the time unnecessarily!
    You did the right thing and now you can rest easy.
    {{{Hugs}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• not crazy at all. I made my dh take me to triage on new years eve a few yrs ago when I was pregnant with #2 and I didn't think she was moving. She was fine, but it made me feel better to have proof, as they did an ultrasound as well. That's why we go to the dr. Congradulations on the healthy baby boy!
    jombmomi

Answer by jombmomi at 2:59 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Thanks everyone! It's nice to get some reassurance that I'm NOT the only one who is driving her hubby & OB crazy with all the worrying :)
    shessohippie

Answer by shessohippie at 9:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008