Horrible acne

Is anyone else experiencing horrible facial acne while pregnant? I know I can't use products with ingredients containing salicylic acid and benzoil peroxide - but is there anything I can do?!

L_Bass

Asked by L_Bass at 9:22 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I never had a pimple in my life until pregnant with my first. It finally cleared up about 3 months after I had her and then I got pg again. CRAP! Now I'm back to a pizza face. I take a lemon slice and rub it all over my face in the morning. Leave it on for a couple hours and then wash your face. Wash your face AT LEAST 3 times per day as pregnancy acne is cause my extra hormones that produce oil and bacteria. Scrub your face with a washcloth everytime you wash. IT is finally under controll this pregnancy. Lemon has natural acids in it that do the same thing as expencive dangerous acne treatments.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 9:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i am 23 weeks along & mine finally went away! my skin is normally clear for the most part but since i got pregnant.....ughhhhh lol. i just washed my face 3 or 4 times a day (which still didnt help) but just as quickly as it started it stopped. i guess my hormones are finally taking a break lol! i hope your face clears up though hang in there
    TechnoBunny

Answer by TechnoBunny at 10:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I didn't know you can't use Benzoil peroxide. I'm sure i have that in my face scrub...
    lisacieslak

Answer by lisacieslak at 1:08 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• ugh! my face is horrible! I'm 26 weeks, and in the beginning it was waaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy , then it cleared up a bit, now its back! my doc said benzoyl peroxide or saliyic acid will help. it hasn't for me: ( damn hormones!
    clransom

Answer by clransom at 7:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008