What are the best movie or tv characters for 3 year old boy?

My son is too sensitive. We don't watch anything that is even mildly scary or violent, including Disney movies. We watch tv for 30-45 minutes a day while I make dinner. He loves the Wiggles and is usually okay with Diego. I'd like DS to watch some more boy-ish stuff. I'd like to gently introduce him to age-appropriate action or age-appropriate scary stuff, before he sees a Disney movie at a friend's house and has a panic attack. His Irish-twin sister is not nearly as sensitive and wants to watch things he cannot handle. They will be in school together in the fall, and I don't want my boy to be the scardy-cat. What are your recommendations?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• Yes, I was going to say Bob the Builder. My older boys had tapes of Football bloopers when they were toddlers. And a construction video. The football one is more silly with minimal violence, even for a contact sport, I think it showed a bloody nose. The construction one was great. It showed clips of construction sites and explained what they were doing. They watched them over and over. I think I still have them. lol.... but if you could find something like that, they are definately geared toward boys. Also, my kids liked Power Rangers, but that may be too much.
    drowninginboys

Answer by drowninginboys at 10:44 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Have you tried Veggie tales, if your not offended by the christian religion they are great and are educational, not to mention they are adorable and what kind wouldn't like talking cucumber and tomatoes?
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 1:35 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I dont know my son only watches shows hannah montana,zach and cody,thats so raven,Icarly.He is 3 but isn't into cartoons.he likes the movie version of scooby doo.maybe try zach and cody,scooby doo,wonder pets.i would try a disney movie like little mermaid,Mulan,stewart little.Good luck
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 1:36 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Spounge bob square pants..it is soo funny my 21 month old sings the song..soo cute he says ohhhhh bun bob ..LOL
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:45 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Hi, I'm the Question Asker. My son was scared of a Veggie Tales episode we rented from the library. It was the one about the rumors or a rumor weed or something like that. It had dark colors and scary voices. IMO it was not something he should be scared of...hence my concern. My daughter thought it was funny. DH saw Sponge Bob playing at the consignment shop and forbade it ever appear in our house. Zack and Cody may be good. Even though we watch Wiggles DVDs, it didn't even occur to me to try shows that were not cartoons.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:14 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Yes, I can see what your husband might think of good old spounge bob..Have you thought about purchasing some of the old classics we used to watch dumbo,pinochio,tom and jerry?? You can usually get them at yard sales/swap meets pretty cheap..oh yeah and jungle book?
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:22 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• If your husband is against spounge bob he will probably not like zach and cody..or hanna montana as the have kissing seen's and such they make comments to boyfriend girlfriend..they are perfect for 7 and older though..
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 3:23 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• what about blues clues?
    JustinScottsMom

Answer by JustinScottsMom at 3:52 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Try PBS it has clifford, bob the builder, sesame street of course barney
    bunco

Answer by bunco at 8:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• what about It's a Big Big World, its on PBS
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:29 PM on Jul. 15, 2008