is it wrong to feel tired of your children after a while?

Like I am 18 and i have two wonderful kids. But I often fell tired of them and want to do things when i cant because i have kids. So is it wrong to feel that way?

alissa456

Asked by alissa456 at 9:50 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• No... I get tired of my spouse sometimes too. They are little people you are dealing with and sometimes we just all need a break from each other. Can someone watch them while you go get your toes done or sit at a coffee shop and read for a bit? Find some place to bask in the quiet and don't beat yourself up. Take it one day at a time and remember that although feeling this way is normal, they wont be that age for ever and you have the rest of your life to do the "things you want" :) Hang in there!
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 9:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Oh mama, it's okay to feel that way sometimes. Just make sure making time for yourself is a priority. You need to be able to regenerate yourself, charge your batteries, so to speak. Even if it is a hour long bubble bath for you after you do the little ones bed time routine. Being around little ones all the time is very draining, especially when you are such a young mom yourself. Do you have a support system? Is it possible to exchange childcare with a friend once a week to give you a break and give her a break too? To go out and do the shopping or work out or whatever. When my kids start getting on my nerves, I take them outside and go for a walk with them or play tag. It's amazing what a difference fresh air makes on your mood :)
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 10:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Ahhh no....everyone needs breaks....everyone...
    Dannee

Answer by Dannee at 10:19 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sweet mama this is normal. You are a good mama. It is important to take breaks for you and your little ones. It makes you stronger and it makes the children feel proud they can do things without their mama. Its ok mama your doing really good job. Take breaks all parents need them there isnt anything wrong with how your feeling.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• NO way! I am 20 and have a 3monht old and there are days when i want to just get up and go some where but i can't or don't because of the hassle of having to load the diaper bag get her ready get me ready then loading everything in the car and having her be unhappy and having to leave where i am and rush home so she is happy again! I know how you feel it isn't fun!
    KeagansMom08

Answer by KeagansMom08 at 10:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Keagansmom, you hit the nail on the head. I'm so in love with my baby that when i do get free time, I miss him so much. BUt loading and unloading and loading and unloading is so frustrating sometimes that I just want to grab him and his carseat and call it a day. No diaper bag or anything. But honestly I don't think you're tired of your children, you're just plain old tired. And if that ain't human then I don't know what is.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 10:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Wrong. No. Human? Emphatically YES.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i get sick of my baby sometimes and wish i could just be free but it mostly happens when im sleep deprived and just wish he would give me more than 5 minutes of sleep. its hard taking care of kids and its normal to feel annoyed by them. i know i love my son more than anything and wouldnt trade him for the world, but everyone needs a break
    Butterflysky_24

Answer by Butterflysky_24 at 1:31 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Wrong? Who's to say whats wrong or not. We all get that way. I have four kids...I will say that as I have gotten older, the feeling doesn't show up as much. I understand more that this is how it is and my kids are a bit more self sufficient.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 2:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008