does he say thats not my kid?

my dh knows that our 3 year old is his but will always jokingly say " allegally" at first it was funny son is carbon copy of me. but 3 years later its pissing me off. he knows he's his and knows when he says that i get mad. anyone else go threw this what did you or would you say? i always say take me to maury..when it comes out u are the father i will beat you on t.v. he still finds it funny. its getting annoying.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I think that it depends on the context and if he says it in front of your child. My son is one and a half and sometimes when we are talking about how beautiful our son is my DH will say, "That can't be my son, it must be the mail man's." He would never say it in front of our son and he says it in a way that is clearly not a sincere denial. If he says it in front of your child then he should stop and if you think there is any part of him that has real denial then maybe a d.n.a. test is in order.
    micrespo

Answer by micrespo at 10:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My ex used to say that about our third son together. It was old and annoying. After awhile I just said we will meet you at the lab then since you think its so damned funny. Now he says he isnt his because hes far too handsome. With that I do agree. He is far too handsome to have those messed up genes but the kid got lucky and looks like me LOL.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• my dh dosent say it in front of son, when family/friends say wow he looks like mom but has your nose dh will say "allegily" mine then laugh. ( he knows its his) but i think he is upset that he looks like me i know he's jokeing but after 3 years its getting old and not funny. makes me think maybe he dosent beleave. and that hurts. i just want to know if im alone on this and what would you say. to make a point across. thank you ladies xo
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I think everyone has joked about it. But if he knows it hurts your feelings then he should stop. My hubby used to joke about it too until one day when she called him Da Da and I said "alleged Da Da Da" and he didn't think it was so funny anymore and he's never said it again.
    lisa_ann_p

Answer by lisa_ann_p at 10:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• lisa_ann_p that was "funny"! good job on that one
    we're expecting our first baby and i sometimes wonder will my husband doubt the baby because we are an interracial couple and the baby might just come out looking more like me and then he keep saying our child will look 80% like him... anyhow he never denied or questioned anything and i would take it very personal if he did because that would mean that i have cheated! and i dont play that kinda joke!
    i really hope he doesnt say that in front of your child and if you need to then go ahead and get that good ol' DNA test! good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 11:06 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My dh and I joke about it all the time, but it doesn't bother either of us and he obviously knows the kids are his. I think it's the fact that it bothers you that is the issue- a joke is only funny if both parties are laughing!

Now what my dh does that ticks me off is that he always acknowledges that our third baby was unplanned. I really wish he would stop calling her an 'oops' before she figures out what that means. And I really don't know why he has to tell the world about it anyhow! Grrrrrr!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 11:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My hubby says that he wants a DNA test about our oldest son sometimes, being funny. He adopted him under a stepparents adoption so we know that the DNA test would come back 0%. But, he really is just joking and of course our kids don't know what a DNA test is.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 12:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• LOL my baby looks so much like him that sometimes we joke that I'M not the real mom. lmao sometimes I would pretend to yell, "Who's the mom?! Huh, who was it?!" lol and we both laugh because obviously there is no way I was serious about him cheating. maybe you should do wat lisa_ann said. good luck!
    sweetvietchic

Answer by sweetvietchic at 1:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008