Is this normal??

Has anyone gotten red itchy bumps on their stomach and a little on their thighs and chest? I'm 22 weeks.

shaci16

Asked by shaci16 at 10:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Are you using a new lotion or even one that worked before pregnancy? Maybe a soap or something is irritating your new pregnancy skin :) My skin changes COMPLETELY every time I get pregnant. I can't use the same shampoos or anything. Is this for first pregnancy? How far are you? Worst case scenario, I'd ask the ob... they may be able to suggest something to help :)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 10:52 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Possibly a heat rash? Or as CooksWife posted, your skin changes so much that you could react differently to something you never have before.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:04 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm 22 weeks and it is my first pregnancy. I haven't been using anything new - no new lotion, soap, etc.
    shaci16

Answer by shaci16 at 11:10 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I would call the OB. I vaguely remember itchy skin being a symptom of something.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I would stop using whatever lotion you are using and see if that fixes it.
    I think MAUREEN55 is thinking of PUPPS, which your doctor could tell you more about. I don't know anything about it.
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:14 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you haven't changed your routine, I would ask the doc. If they say nothing they should at least be able to suggest something for comfort with it. Maybe even just an oatmeal bath or something. It's always better to ask the doc than not, kwim? But if your OB feels okay with it, there are probably some decent at home things you can try :)

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:16 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My daughter did and when I told her to lightly apply cornstarch to the areas they disappeared. I think it was just a heat rash or some type of lotion she was using.
    If yours do not clear up or get worse, definitely talk to your OB about them.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sounds like Pupps to me...
    ljliammama

Answer by ljliammama at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008