Do you have a favorite child?

If you have more than one child, do you favor one more than the other? I love both of my children dearly, but I have to admit that I have a favorite. Is that wrong of me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• No it's not wrong even though you will hear it from others. You just have a special bond with that one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• To say that I have a favorite no, but there are things about my kids that the other one soen not have and that makes them special to me in a different way. I swear that sounded better in my head than it reads.lol. Like my oldest is a great story teller adn that means that he is my favorite to read with because he will take it all in adn then retell it in his own way. My middle is an adventurous little guy and I totally see myself in him and U love to go out with him because he loves to have fun(my oldest is like his daddy and is a very sour little boy most of the time) and my baby is just that, my little princess adn she loves to cuddle right now(10 months old) so I love that about her. I guess I don't really have a favorite but I like some things more about one than the others.
    butterfli4201

Answer by butterfli4201 at 11:05 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• This question made me giggle a bit. I think on any given day of the week I have a different favorite due to the kids moods and my mood. When I just asked my kids "Which one of you is my favorite?" They all answered "Me!". So the trick is, keeping your absolute favorite to yourself and treating them all with respect, love and equality.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:08 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It depends. Some days my son is and then some days it's my daughter.
    PurpleDawn

Answer by PurpleDawn at 11:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No favorite per say, but when my 5 year old is throwing a fit, I like her sister alot more!

But, I love them both and have special relationships with each.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 11:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My kids are all so different, I don't think I have a favorite. Though my 10 yr old daughter is so quiet and compliant, that I secretly wish the others were like her! :0)

Erin333

Answer by Erin333 at 11:26 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My favorite changes day by day. I do favor certain children more often than the others though.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:37 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have twin girls and perfer one over the other depending on what were doing. One loves to read with me and shares my love of chocolate and the other loves to shop and be girly, so I guess it depends on the day.
    In my opinion every mom has a favorite. My mom did and we never let him forget it LOL
    dle4125

Answer by dle4125 at 11:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Growing up, my parents both favored my sister above my brother and me. It really hurt and still does sometimes. My brother and I were adopted and she was their "real" kid. She got a huge graduation party, her college paid for, house paid for, they bought her horses, and paid for a very upscale wedding/reception. My brother got a life insurance policy and I got children that had bruises inflicted on them while my parents were babysitting my kids while I was working. For graduation, they didn't attend or even send a card. They didn't attend or pay a dime for either of my weddings. I am paying my own college and mortgage. So favorites should never happen. It hurts your kids - even years later.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 11:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My favorite fluctuates as well. I have certain things that I would prefer to do with one over the others. I also have a favorite age.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:14 PM on Dec. 29, 2008