How did you feel when you and your DH seperated/divorced? I don't feel anything right now but I'm afraid it's going to hit me all at once later or something.

I don't really have anything to occupy me if it does. I just don't want my emotions to screw up my thinking. He left pretty civil towards me and I was civil to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Relationships

• I did alot of praying about it. To be honest with you that is what helped me through it
    onefasttatortot

Answer by onefasttatortot at 11:17 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I was relieved. Sometimes I may get nostalgic and remember the good times and those are the memories I convey to my children. Keeping everything in perspective helped when the divorce papers finally came through. When the numbness finally wears off and you are faced with a moment of rawness...it's okay to cry. You did love him and what was isn't anymore, it is normal to grieve for that loss. And then you move on.
    MomShawn70

Answer by MomShawn70 at 11:43 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It depends if its something you both really wanted and you both know its what best then you may do just fine. Me on the other hand even though I knew it was best (because things were getting worse instead of better), I was still hurt and couldn't believe it was actually happening, but honestly I was over it with in like a week, I was more hurt by all of a sudden not having someone else there with me ya know sleeping alone just plain being alone
    hautemama83

Answer by hautemama83 at 12:47 PM on Dec. 29, 2008