almost 38 wks.... miserable

It has taken me 4 yrs to get pregnant and carry a baby this far!! So basically I've been waiting for 4yrs for this bundle of joy!! Don't get me wrong I understand that longer she waits the better, but I am growing unpatient and miserable. I am sitting here crying b/c I want to hold her sooo bad!! I have a docs appt today .... maybe Ill be dilated enough and they will admit me!! Is this terribly wrong?? Is it wrong for me to feel this way?? I've wanted to be a mommy sooo bad for sooo long and the last few wks have been dragging! I've been working full time still and everything is ready for her!? Anyone else deal with this?? How in the world did you get through it!!??? I feel like I can't wait any longer.
Thanks
A very ready mom!!!

Babyclark08

Asked by Babyclark08 at 10:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Those last few weeks are the WORST!!! I totally get it! I waited to get pregnant until I was 28 (by choice, so that's different and I realize that) and by the end I was SOOO impatient and miserable! The days go by soooo slow! But it will happen, I promise. And in the end you'll miss your pregnant belly!

Good luck, I hope time doesn't go too slow for you!
    SamanthaAgain

Answer by SamanthaAgain at 11:02 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I totally understand where you are. I think that you have to get to the point of wanting to see her so baby that you welcome contractions and labor. It is so close for you! :) (I am only 25 weeks and wishing I was where you are!) Hang in there, you will be there before you know it.
    With my first, I was so ready to have him around 36 weeks, but by 37 I felt so unprepared that I prayed he would wait a little while longer. When I finally went into labor, I was ready (after a moment or 2 of panic... "can I really be ready to be a mom!?") and welcomed each contraction as it brought me closer to holding him in my arms. :)
    I hope things go quickly for you or you gain patience to wait a little longer. :)
    reflect1light

Answer by reflect1light at 11:11 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I feel you. It took us 2 years (I can not even imagine trying for 4 years). I am about 31 weeks along and I cry from time to time because I just want her here, to hold her. I know she needs more baking time but its very hard. Just hang in there Mama, you dont have to much longer and before you know it, and baby will be in your arms.
    vickwu

Answer by vickwu at 11:25 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• :) My second son was 5 days late and I was a lunatic. Most of my friends kept reassuring me that it was okay, be patient, this blessing is worth the wait etc. Except one who had been two weeks late, she said very little other than understanding. Well months later one of those friends was late too and telling me how she finally understood and wondered if she has said some unhelpful things during my time :) It's all a cycle. We all go through it, and you deserve to be a total nut ball with anticipation right now- Heck! You earned it waiting as long as you have already! Walk if makes you feel better -like you are actually doing something, I found that not much works to actually bring the baby but more so to make you feel like you are not just waiting, kwim?

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:45 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No sweetie, you are perfectly normal. You have been pregnant for the major part of a year, your body has been through so many changes, your emotions have had some serious ups and downs - I know you are anxious to stop the stretching, to end the discomforts, and hold that sweet child in your loving arms.

Try to stay positive, think positive, keep your hands and brain busy by doing brain puzzles (word searches and crosswords) or even knitting, crocheting, or cross stitching. Write a journal just for your child about your thoughts, emotions, and what the world is like. And keep reaching out to others for support.

{{{HUGS}}}
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:55 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• the weeks feel like years, the days feel like weeks, ive been there before. its achy, and tireing, and miserable. im super happy youll be holding your baby soon, 4 years is a long time compared to two weeks haha. good luck, happy birthing.
    jbirchard

Answer by jbirchard at 3:48 PM on Dec. 29, 2008