Teens and boyfriends

My daughter is 16, and she has her first boyfriend, she doesn't like the rules, because I tell her she cannot be alone in my house with her boyfriend, and they have to stay in the living room, no boys in the bedroom, also since she is a straight A student I told her if her grades start not being so great that she won't be allowed to continue dating. What do you think about this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:08 PM on Aug. 29, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• Your kid, your rules. My rules are similiar. Others may not like it but that's too bad. My house, my kid, my rules.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 6:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• Sounds fair to me.
    ashisamom

Answer by ashisamom at 6:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• I think those are great rules! My mom let me be alone with my boyfriend in my room at that age... and all we did was make out in there! lol
    JaxonsMomma22

Answer by JaxonsMomma22 at 6:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• Good job, mom! I think you're telling her the right things.
    cege

Answer by cege at 6:10 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• Excellent!

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 6:11 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• I like your rules!!!...but I would cross a bridge BEFORE you have to. Was not necessary to use the bf and dating as a means if her grades begin to fall.
    No boys were allowed in our home when we weren't either. NEVER allowed anywhere in house but kitchen and living room. And, I was even more strict...they couldn't go out on their own either. Double dating ONLY. My oldest daughter got married last summer a virgin. Middle daughter is 20..and is a virgin...youngest is 18 and a virgin. And it's NOT because they don't tell me. We are very close and while they complained about some of the rules, I always kept my answers positive. "You'll get bored if it's just the two of you and with four you always have someone else to talk to." If boredom sets in, other stuff happens. Of course it's natural, but I didn't want my girls worrying about pregnancy..and wanted them to enjoy HS. They did :)
    momma-t42

Answer by momma-t42 at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• Sound fair to me!!
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 6:14 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• *wouldn't*
    momma-t42

• Sounds good to me!
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 6:15 PM on Aug. 29, 2011

• the only boy who should be seeing her room is her dad, brothers, painters, general contractors, etc. NOT her teenage boyfriend.

I think your rules are fair and similar if not borderline identical to the ones we're laying down in our house
    hibbingmom

Answer by hibbingmom at 6:17 PM on Aug. 29, 2011