I don't know what I should do.

As most of you know, I've been having contractions for about the last week, but they haven't been very close together.

Since about 5am, I've had contractions so bad that they're making me physically sick. They're that strong. But they're still only about 20-30 minutes apart. I called my OB and he told me that they can be that bad, but once again, if they're not close together, there's nothing they will really do.

I'm at a loss, and I feel horrible, should I just go into L&D? Or wait it out like my doctor says?

oliviasmomma09

Asked by oliviasmomma09 at 11:21 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• I could have sworn you weren't supposed to bathe after a certain point... But that might just be after a certain point actually in labor. Heat is great though for pain :) Maybe even Burt's Bees' momma bee leg cramp cream? And eating less when they are bad isn't horrible if it helps the nausea with it. My dear op, if they are concerned about your child getting hurt during birth because of her position, I would be freaking out too! Deep breath! And tell who ever you talk to next that you are a customer and you deserve to get your money's worth, which means peace of mind dang it!! :) Get all third trimester on their butts!! 9 minutes is good if it is consistent, just keep timing em all... I hope you get some peace soon!

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:41 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• how far along are you?
    trentntats

Answer by trentntats at 11:23 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you go to L &D they will monitor the contractions and call the doctor! So really it is up to you but if you are physically sick they might be able to give you something to help... GL
    Babyclark08

Answer by Babyclark08 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm 36 weeks today, I have a scheduled c-section in two weeks.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:24 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• if they are that painful to you i would go.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 11:27 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• If you go to l&d too soon, you might not be very comfortable, kwim? Trust me, once you get there, you will dying to get out :) I felt like I was there FOREVER. Sometimes I wish I had waited longer with my second son, but like you I had contractions for DAYS before he made his appearance. Are you counting the little contractions too? Not all of them that make you sick but the little ones in between? Make sure you count those too because they are just as important in figuring out when you are actually going into labor. Good Luck! PS- If you don't like the nurse or ob you are getting, ask for a different one in the office to talk to. You are likely stressed and deserve to feel important and valid. Find someone there who will help you feel more comfortable. They will likely just call your doc during office hours anyway if you go to the hospital... So try to find someone in the office you can get on the same page with.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:28 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• The scheduled c-section, is it for medical reasons? I ask because you may want to reitterate that to a nurse at the office... explain why you are concerned.
    CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Cookswife, I know what you mean. Ha. That's why I'm so adimant on whether or not I should go. I've been counting EVERY little pain between too, and the closest they've ever gotten was 9 minutes. And that's not very often at all.

As for the c-section, when I first got pregnant they told me that my cervix was inverted (pointed down) and that it was so bad it probably wouldn't fix itsself. Well, it did. But my little girl is still breech, all comfy on one side, and doesn't feel like turning at all, ha. So, now it's cause she's still head up.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:33 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Have you tried taking a bath? I know it's not really going to help with the pain much...but it might help a little. And if you're in labor then it will help speed it along and may get your contrcations more regular.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Yeah, I took a bath this morning, and i finally broke down and took tylenol. I hate taking any sort of meds, unless i have to. The bath helped for awhile, helped me relax and I got a good hour of sleep in before I got woke up again, but other than that,nothing is really working.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:38 AM on Dec. 29, 2008