17 mo old has calases (SP)

my 17 mo has really bad calases on her heals any one know a way to get rid of it on a baby and how to prevent it later on i use lotions but to no avail they dont work any help would be wonderful

fuzzydesari

Asked by fuzzydesari at 11:29 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Kids' Health

• Are you using a certain type of shoe? I did soft soles until my son was two and walking VERY steadily... He never really had a problem with that. Other than that I would ask a doc because they would know best what you could put on it... Is it just like dry skin or like a hard piece of skin callus?

CooksWife

Answer by CooksWife at 11:36 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i'd go to a SPECIALTY SHOES STORE and get a better shoe. GOOD stores measure the childs feet from all angles, watch them walk and remeasure to make sure its the right type of shoe. YES it is more expensive (avg. around 40 for a shoe not on sale) but worth it.
    I'd also take a look at how your child walks, does he/she turn their heels etc.
    MamiJaAyla

Answer by MamiJaAyla at 12:11 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree with the above posts on making sure that the shoes are fitting properly. I have a 15 month old and I hardly have her in shoes. Does your child need to have them on? Also, try Renew lotion. It is better than anything on the market and it took care of my feet.
    Free2bmom

Answer by Free2bmom at 7:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008