I have a 2 year old son he doesnt' seem to react to any type of disapline wehave tried being nice and asking, time out, spanking (not hard and always with a diaper on more just to hurt his feelings) putting him to bed sending him to his room to play, making him set for 2 min. in a chair in the corner? We are at a loss and we just dont know what to do we have 12 children between the two of us and we have never had this problem before. We need help or suggestions before I pull my hair out. What

I am open to any suggestions Please help

raelove81

Asked by raelove81 at 2:11 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• thats a hell of a lot of children!
    Anonymous

• I have a 20 month old Daughter that does the same thing. Maybe it's just terrible two's. ?? I've tried everything with mine and nothing seems to help. And it only gets worse when we are in public. And everybody stares at me. And if I spank her then she just cries even louder . And people just look at me like "Oh my God" But if I don't try and stop her from acting like that then they look at me like "She needs to spank her kid , what a brat" ya know? I don't know if there is an answer but I feel your pain!!!
    TiffysBabies

Answer by TiffysBabies at 3:25 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Welcome to the terrible two's ...I wish there was a cure. LOL The only thing that works is a few birthdays gone by. LOL I do feel your pain....everyday!!! LOL hold on for just a little while longer.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know you may not want to hear this. But some of his behavior problems may not be willful disobedience. He may just be acting his age. So hang in there, and pick your battles. What is dangerous, and what is just annoying. If it is dangerous, try some training. But realize that somethings only time will fix. Good luck and hang in there.
    firstimemom4049

Answer by firstimemom4049 at 6:31 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I know what you mean! My daughter has stuborness down to an art when it comes to doing things she knows she shouldn't. Maybe you should pick one discipline that you feel comfortable enforcing anywhere/anytime and stick with it, whether it looks like it works or not. Maybe eventually your consistency will win out! Good luck.
    hannahjoy17

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 12:11 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• this journal may help.
    http://www.cafemom.com/journals/read/907483/Alternatives_to_Spanking
    wearingyourbaby

Answer by wearingyourbaby at 2:20 PM on Jun. 20, 2008