Need help knowing which exercises are best please.

I need the best workout for my:
Lower stomach
Arms (upper part)
Legs
Hips and butt.

and also how many times a week I should do these and how many reps.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:34 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Diet & Fitness

• Lower stomach would be lie on the floor with lower back pressed to the floor, bend your knees and curl your knees upward toward your chest. Also single leg lifts, being careful to keep the lower back pressed, should help that area. Upper arm is biceps and triceps curls. For biceps anchor the elbow, hold a weight in hand palm up, bring the weight up toward the shoulder. For triceps hold the elbow straight up toward the ceiling, palm up, bring the weight down toward your ear by bending your elbow, press up. for legs- leg lifts- use ankle weights- control your abs and lower back- lift forward, backward, side and across side, do each as a separate exxercise, come back to the middle each time- a bunch of exerices there. Also hamstring curls- stand and lift your abs, bend the knee and bring the heel up to the back end. . cont'd

Answer by Bmat at 12:21 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• hips and butt: The side left lifts that I mentioned above works on hips, the butt... the straight leg back leg lifts work on that as long as you keep your tummy tight- you'll feel the butt muscles contract. Number of reps- start out with three or fewer sets of 10. Keep them all slow and you'll get more out of them. It is important to watch your body position. Rather than take my word for it, I'd advise you to find an online site by googling where you can see pictures and get precautions. I don't have room in this post to go into precautions, and exercises can be dangerous if not done properly. Number of days a week- If you don't hurt then every day. If you hurt then give it at least a day between.

• i would if you could... go swimming, it works out the whole body!!! i suggest yoga also, for toning...
    pearlrose

Answer by pearlrose at 11:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008