Which is the best way to purchase birth announcements?

My daughter is due in February 2009 and I am already shopping for birth announcements.

When my children were born I was able to go to the Hallmark store and buy a package of them and just fill in the information. I can't find any of these anymore! It seems the only way to get birth announcements nowadays is to have them printed or to print them yourself.

What would you suggest?
Shall I attempt to print my own?
Should I purchase pre-typed ones from an online source?
Should I purchase pre-typed ones from a printer (e.g. Hallmark)?

Thank you.

PrydferthMenyw

Asked by PrydferthMenyw at 11:40 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Shopping

• I went to wal mart when my son was born with his new born picture and his information, and picked out what i wanted the card design to be, and they did all the work for me. It was cheep and easy.
    saysha100687

Answer by saysha100687 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Craft stores may have some. Or Walmart, ha.
    oliviasmomma09

Answer by oliviasmomma09 at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'd do your own, I did
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I agree Walmart or Snapfish.com. You can just upload the picture, choose a design, and enter your info.

Don't do it through the hospital.  That's what I did and it was more expensive and I had less designs to choose from.  Plus, I could only use the photo they took and that definitely wasn't the cutest one.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:09 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I made my own on shutterfly.... I loved them. I did a collage of pictures from her birth and printed them on greeting card stock... put her info inside the card... I like that they will mail them direct to people for you - less work for you. You can even write a personalized note inside each card, if you wanted. I really like shutterfly's quality for cards.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:25 AM on Dec. 30, 2008