I get lathargic a couple days before my period

I am bed bound with flu like symptoms and sleepy, tired, achy lightheaded, then when I start it goes away, this has happened my last 3 cycles,

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Health

• Maybe you could try an iron supplement or other vitamins. That happens to me too, but not the same extreme.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I get lazy and a bit lethargic right before my period sometimes. I think a lot of women do. But if you are actually bedridden, then please see a doctor. There may be something you can take, maybe antidepressants (not that I'm saying you're depressed, they just work for PMS too). Don't let your life be so affected for a week or so every month hun!
    Anonymous

• yes i agree, you need to see a doctor, to be sure that everything is ok,. But i would try iron and vitamin supplements. yeah i would get really bad but my cycle would only last about 3-4 days and only come about two months apart, so it wasn't too bad, but i was low on iron and had had to add liver and onions, to my weekly diet, that week. go ahead and try these things for a few months, but see a doctor anyway and ask them what they think about this advice...
    pearlrose

Answer by pearlrose at 11:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008