What is wrong with the due date groups on Cafemom?

It seems that in Pregnancy or Due Date groups anyone who supports alternative birthing options gets ganged up on, or kicked out. Why? Aren't we all allowed to share an opinion? To the owners of those groups, what gives you the right to discriminate against those who are not as mainstream? The only time name calling comes around is from someone who gets mad at info about the harm of inductions, etc. Why then kick out those who posted the info and not the name callers? Huh? Pregnancy groups will always have varying opinions, why? Because many women of all ages and cultures and beliefs join them.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in About CafeMom

• I don't know but it's like that in any group with lots of members not just the pregnancy groups.
    workenmom

Answer by workenmom at 11:48 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I don't know the reasoning. I just got kicked out of a due date group for asking why a post got locked. No where in the guidelines did it say you couldn't discuss alternative birthing methods. But apparently because some very pro hospital women felt "attacked" if got locked. The only person who was attacked was another pro natural birth mom who was called ignorant and arrogant for her opinions on natural birth.... It's hypocrisy and disgusting.

celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 11:49 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Celtic, they threatened to kick me out. We'll stick to our natural group. Im leaving that group at well. Mainstream people suck, get used to it.
    navy-wife

Answer by navy-wife at 11:59 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• they didn't even give me a warning. I wonder if they warned the women who actually did call you a name? Probably not. "Birds of a feather" and such. Uggh...
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 12:03 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• What I've seen the opposite. Moms being attacked for trusting doctors and using pain meds. As far as I'm concerned many individuals on CM say things that are rude and insensitive, but that doesn't mean all people who share one belief are all rude or should be mistreated as a whole. Maybe you were kicked out because the GO assumed you were going to behave a certain way. Doesn't seem fair to judge people on the behavior of others.

"Mainstream people suck, get used to it." certainly lumps most of us into one big sucky category doesn't it? I guess I'm mainstream, but I certainly don't suck.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 12:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• oh maureen, i have never seen that be said before but I don't believe that either... this is a website of over 2 million women. I believe that varying opinions are awesome, because you can learn so much. I know I have from this site.
    celticreverie

Answer by celticreverie at 3:05 PM on Dec. 29, 2008