Has anyone else?

My husband and I decided if our baby is a girl we wanted to name her after a close friend of the family's baby who passed away due to heart failure 7 years ago. We asked the familys permission on Christmas Eve. They said yes:) Has anyone else ever done this? Has anyone asked and the family said no? We feel so honored they are letting us use her name.

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 11:47 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• My dh and I decided that if it was alright with my mom and we have a boy then we want to name him after my older brother who died at 5 days old. I asked and she said that it would be ok and she started crying.
    BBowMommy

Answer by BBowMommy at 12:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• No I haven't but it is sweet of you guys to name her that and sweet of the family to let you.
    LaurenKaye29

Answer by LaurenKaye29 at 11:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Oh that is so wonderful and so touching! Good for you! No we never named after a friend. We did use for a middle name a family member who has no children.

Answer by Bmat at 11:58 AM on Dec. 29, 2008