Do you use the good china and towels?

I don't have good china or towels. I have dishes and towels that my family uses. I don't understand why people would put strangers above their own family. Why don't you think your family is important enough to use the china? This was sparked by a debate with my inlaws who never use the china.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:56 AM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Just for Fun

• We use both our wedding china and silver. We also drink daily out of crystal. My husband's opinion is "if we have it, we should use it." We live in a small apartment and there is absolutly no room for stuff we dont use.
    hotmama404

Answer by hotmama404 at 12:41 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I use the good china at Thanksgiving and Christmas. We don't have formal parties, but if we did I'd use it then. It is something that when I got married people got for you- say a place setting- and you were careful that you had a nice set of plates, crystal, and silverware. Thank goodness I didn't bother with silver, we just bought a nice set of stainless. And I am sorry that we spent the money on the china and crystal. Our tastes have changed over the years, and our china can't be put in the dishwasher because of a platinum trim on the rim, so I have to wash it by hand, and the crystal could be put in the dishwasher, but no way am I going to put expensive crystal there, so I have to wash it by hand, too. If I had it to do again I would not get the expensive stuff.

Answer by Bmat at 12:04 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• My good China is the paper plates and plastic utensils.

The good towels are the ones I rush out and buy when someone's coming over.

My mom has China given to her by her grandmother and she never uses them, for family or guests. Nobody really cares. We'd rather eat and enjoy each other's company than worry about chipping a plate or cup or handwashing dishes.
    mwebb

Answer by mwebb at 12:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• We use our nicer dishes at Christmas and Thanksgiving when the family comes over. We don't have "good" towels, just towels.

Pnukey

Answer by Pnukey at 12:20 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• lol...I'm pretty sure I wont own anything nice enough to be considered "good" til the kids are out of the house. I am now understanding what my mama said growing up "I can't have anything nice!". The problem is, by the time she got all of us out, the grandkids were already coming. I'm pretty sure I missed my few years opportunity to have nice things (or even be able to afford them! lol) before I had kids...so its Wal-Mart plates and glasses for us...the kind that are cheap enough not to bother you when they break.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 12:34 PM on Dec. 29, 2008