Its been so long I forgot...

If your on a 28 day cycle, is your period suppose to start 28 days after your period stopped last time or 28 days after the first day of your last period? Its been almost 4 months since I had a baby. Should I be back on the schedule I was on before??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• From the first day you get it... but I've had my period back for 4 months and it's still not as regular as it use to be... I had a 28 day cycle also. It will take time!
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 12:15 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• you may or may not be on the schedule you were on before. It just depends on your body.
    Jazak

Answer by Jazak at 12:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• its 28 days from the first day of your period.. but after having a baby your body may not keep the same cycle. I was a 31 day cycle with a 7 day period and now I'm a 28 day cycle with 4 day period.. pregnancy changes your entire body chemistry so it may take some time to figure out what normal is going to be. Took me about 4 months before I became regular again, but I also went on BC to do that.
    kristal2146

Answer by kristal2146 at 12:25 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• It can take a long time to get back on schedule, and sometimes you WON'T get back to your old schedule, sorry! Hopefully you can regulate eventually, though!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 2:38 PM on Dec. 29, 2008