My son is a junior in high school, and hasn't had a girlfriend yet, and shows no interest in girls AT ALL. Is this normal???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:04 AM on Aug. 30, 2011 in Teens (13-17)

• wait for high school, junior year to start worrying.
    zoejains_momma

Answer by zoejains_momma at 8:05 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• i wouldnt say its something to worry about, maybe there is no girl out there that is interesting just yet. maybe he is a late bloomer?? it could be a lot of things but i really would not worry.
    BUDDHASBABY1

Answer by BUDDHASBABY1 at 8:08 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• zoejains momma -
    he is a junior in high school
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Some boys r into studying or just hanging out with friends.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 8:16 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• could be he's gay my best friend never showed interest in girls then he came out in his twenties..or hes not into talking to his parents about who he likes..lol
    rhonda111787

Answer by rhonda111787 at 8:20 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I would not worry about it..just because he hasn't had a girl friend yet doesn't mean he isn't interested in girls. Have you tried talking to him about this. I know my 14 year old never wants to talk about girls, he gets embarrassed, which is normal at this age. I think the best thing to do is try to talk with him and don't push, I am sure he will come to it in his own time.

Good Luck!
    cornflakegirl3

Answer by cornflakegirl3 at 8:42 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Mine is 15 and no interest either- he is a Sophomore...
    charlotsomtimes

Answer by charlotsomtimes at 9:31 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Normal is relative. It may be normal for him. There are many reasons he might not be interested. Talk to him and find out.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 9:54 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Why is this an issue?? Are you scared he doesn't like girls at all??? Have you thought about sitting down and asking HIM??

He could have not found the right girl, he could not be interested in girls at all.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:17 AM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Why is it a priority? There's no need to rush. Maybe there's no one at school who interests him, don't panic. Once he heads off to college he'll meet someone, the ocean will be bigger and there will be more fish to choose from.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on Aug. 30, 2011