I have baby fever!!!

DH and I have 2 beautiful boys (5 & 2). Earlier this year we decided we would try for another baby in February or March of '09. Well... now DH says he doesn't want any more kids. I know that I want more, and we had already talked about everything and agreed to have a 3rd child, so I'm really upset. Am I being ugly since I have baby fever? I kind of feel guilty for being mad b/c I want another one. Have any of you ladies gone through this? How did it turn out?

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:32 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Why did he change his mind all of a sudden? He might just have cold feet. I would be rather annoyed myself, but maybe he'll come around.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 12:35 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have the same problem only my boys are only 2.5 and 1!!! Husband agreed that we can try again as soon as I want. Only now I have cold feet lol. I would be mad if my husband changed his mind too!
    lizafur13

Answer by lizafur13 at 12:39 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'd wait till he comes around. He still could change his mind. Is he stressed because of the economy perhaps?
    Anonymous

• hmm.. difficult subject but im sure there is a reason. maybe he feels that it would be hard financially? or maybe he has thought of something else he would like to do first? maybe buying a home? ask for his reasons.. if you find out whats really on his mind you can work on a final decision! good luck
    glossyblack

Answer by glossyblack at 12:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• In all honesty, I'm not sure what changed his mind so suddenly. I think it has been coming on over the past couple months that I've been back in school. I work all day and go to school at night, so he has to be the primary caregiver to the kids. I think he just realized that it's not as easy as it may sometimes seem... LOL. He is much more easily frustrated by the kids than I am. He's essentially an only child (he has 2 sisters, 22 and 24 years OLDER than him), and I have a HUGE family, so I just see a lot of stuff as "kids being kids".
    Luvmylilmonkies

Answer by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:45 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Maybe he's just tired! I'd give him a little while longer, he may come around still. I understand that it sucks to have plans/dreams change, though!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 1:16 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Me and my b/f have been talking about having another and I'm worried hes going to decided he doesn't want another neither... and ya I would be upset if he did that because I would of liked him to think it through before he opened his mouth. Or at least have said I'm not 100% sure.
    dtetz

Answer by dtetz at 1:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008