How much would you pay a friend to babysit?

Just wondering how much you would pay a friend to babysit your young toddler one day a week every week?

And would you pay your friend more, less or thge same that you would pay someone else, and how much would that be?

Also would you pay them more or less if it where a one time thing wrather than a once a week thing?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in General Parenting

• Can you trade babysitting days with her? Take turns? That is typically what me and my friends do..However when we used to go out we would leave kidos with friends and pay them about 60 bucks from 6 pm-3am..for 3 kids..but they were asleep most of time.
    BUSYMAMA5

Answer by BUSYMAMA5 at 2:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• Well depending on the Hours and everything. I would probably pay them about $20 a day. That would be about the same as I would pay someone else. They are doing you a favor every single week. I think you should pay a little more when it is only a one time thing.
    MommyMel03

Answer by MommyMel03 at 7:30 AM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would pay them depending on the hrs I would figure 2.00 an hr and maybe come xmas,ect.. give small bonus gift
    misskitty98310

Answer by misskitty98310 at 1:25 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would prob pay her $20 a day, I wouldnt give anyone any less than that, unless its a family member or a very close friend in that case I wouldnt charge and vice versa
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:18 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I would think that you would pay your friends better than anyone else. It is up to them to charge or not, but if it is a every week type thing instead of a one time thing, then you should be paying them.
    And I would NEVER pay someone $2 a hour for babysitting, I mean I would be insulted. In home daycares, who make less per-child are still normally comming out to about $4.50 per child, per hour. And you pay them way less than anyone else because they have so many kids that make up for the little ammount you would be paying them.
    When I was younger and would babysit I was payed $6.50 a hour, and that was 2 days a week. Ands that was well over 10 years ago.
    Would you pay someone $2 a hour to clean your house? No, they why on earth would you pay someone so little to watch your own child? They are doing a very important job, that holds your childs saftey in their hands. You best pay them really good.
    Anonymous

• I would pay a sitter, any sitter about $7 a hour. If it is a friend and we plan on trading off sitting for eachother then that works too. But if this person is sitting for you once a week unless you are going to watch thier child once a week it won't work out, one of you will feel taken advantage of (and you know which one).
    I know if I was going to have a friend watch my child once a week I would pay them what I would pay anyone else. The answer above mine is right, it is a very important job that they are doing, and I would want them to feel like it is worth thier time to do it, especially if it is a friend. I would also HATE for a friend to feel like I was taking advantage of them or putting myself before them. So it is a thin line you have to walk when paying a friend to do anything. Just don't treat them different or pay them less because they happen to be a friend, if you do they might not be your friend for long.
    Anonymous

• Why would you pay more when it is only a one time thing? I would think you would pay more if they are taking time out to watch your child once a week instead of once every 2 months.
    Anonymous

• i dont pay my friend, but then she doesnt pay me either. we trade off on babysitting. however, my friends mom is who watches our kids all the time and i pay her about 30 bucks a day (3 hours, 2 kids)
    kissmiss213

Answer by kissmiss213 at 1:55 AM on Jul. 16, 2008