Moms w/ Health Problems

I have Fibromyalgia, Chronic Fatigue, Irritable Bowels, and Epilepsy.

Moms w/ health problems, can you tell me some of the tricks you use to help keep yourself going?!?!

Luvmylilmonkies

Asked by Luvmylilmonkies at 12:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't suffer as much as you do, however, I have stage 4 endometriosis. This can be terrifyingly painful. I do what I can do, and then am not ashamed when I have to rest. My older child knows about my condition and is a real help when I need him to be. Or I will simply take little breaks in between my resting periods to do things. If my daughter is napping I will sit on the couch and watch some tv, getting up to do something during the commercials.
    Mom1Stepmom1

Answer by Mom1Stepmom1 at 12:50 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I have a disease called Meniere's. It's an inner ear disease. It made me have near daily vertigo/vomiting attacks for hours on end. It's now med controlled... I don't have the completely debillitating attacks, but I still get dizzy and feel like I'm going to pass out and I am very sensitive to noise (and have 3 young kids... ha!).

I do deep breathing to de-stress when I get a chance. I'm about to start exercising again... which seems to make it worse before better and makes me want to quit... but in the end it will make it better...

Good luck! Some days bite when you have an illness that's always with you!
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 12:58 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sorry... I had a longer answer typed out and it wouldn't let me post b/c I had more than 1,000 characters.

I agree with Mom1StepMom1... I rest when I need to and have a chance and I don't feel bad about doing so. I need to or things get worse fast...
    SahmTam

Answer by SahmTam at 1:01 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i am bi-polar which can be as debilitating as physical diseases, and i take breaks as needed, hubby helps out alot, he understands that sometime i simply can't deal, i try to remember to take my meds, which is a daily struggle, and i have learned to ask for help when i need it'
    good luck!
    bi-polarmommy

Answer by bi-polarmommy at 2:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008