Unconditional Parenting?

I'm currently reading the book "Unconditional Parenting" and am about half way through. It's made me reflect on my childhood and what I don't want to do with my children.

I love how Alfie Kohn gives researched facts and doesn't just spout his opinion.

The book also got great reviews, but the reviews also said you should use it as part of a library.

So, my questions are:
1)What other books should I purchase to go along with the book?

2)How do I put unconditional parenting into action?

I'm excited about finding a new way to relate to my DS without using traditional punishment and rewards and working with him instead of simply controlling and manipulating him into behaving.

nwdeserangel

Asked by nwdeserangel at 12:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in General Parenting

• I don't have any concrete answers but wanted to say thanks for the info about the book!!!!! That sounds like something I need to read and am going to find a copy ASAP. Thanks !
    wendyb27

Answer by wendyb27 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Sounds like a great book and describes how I was raised. I'd really like to read it. Sorry I can't offer any advice as to a companion book. I'm a few steps behind you, lol. Thanks for the information.
    FreeHomeBiz

Answer by FreeHomeBiz at 1:33 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I'm reading "Punished by Rewards" right now. So far, I'm enjoying it. I'll have to read that one, too.
    autodidact

Answer by autodidact at 4:40 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• i'd love to check out that book. right now i'm reading "the five love languages of children," which my husband and i are finding helpful in teaching ava.
    Michelle451

Answer by Michelle451 at 6:57 PM on Dec. 29, 2008