What do you think?

I am 31 weeks 2 days pregnant. I am cramping a lot today like I am about to have a really heavy period and my lower back hurts. This is my 2nd pregnancy. I only remember cramping like this when I was in labor and 6.5 cm dialated. This pregnnacy has certainly proven that all pregnancies are different so I am hoping its just a nerve the baby is sitting on or something though that is not what it feels like. Also, I have an appt tomorrow, when do they start checking how much you have dialated? I forget...

LovinEveryDay

Asked by LovinEveryDay at 1:07 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Pregnancy

• If I can recall, I believe the doctor checks you at 36 weeks? I have been cramping in pain for the last 2 days, it's awful...but, I'm tolerating it more because in my first pregnancy I had the worse pain ever from a severe internal hemmorage I had during the first 4 months. So, I'm dealing. No complications in this pregnancy...well, I'm hoping my body is just stretching and that's why I hurt so much (feels like period is coming too). I go in for an anatomy ultrasound on friday...hopefully everything will turn out just fine...and the cramps mean nothing.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 1:10 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• id call your dr today and see if they can see you today. you might be having some early conractions and if you are your going to wana be seen asap. also i dont believe they check you till about 36weeks on. good luck
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:12 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I had contractions that were not going away and ended going to the hospital to find out I was dehydrated. Make sure u stay hydrated. I have been getting a lot of contractions the past three days, but they do not worsen and they eventually go away. I read with the second pregnancy (this is my second too) that braxton hicks contractions can ge much stronger and more frequent. I also read to try to change your postion frequently, rest, and make sure u drink plenty of fluids. Call your doc if they don't go away. At the hospital, they told me to call the doc if I get more than 4 an hour. I know I get more than that, but they do eventually go away. Oh, I am 32 weeks prego by the way. hope this helps and good luck. Take care, Aileen
    emilysmom0603

Answer by emilysmom0603 at 1:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Good Luck hun. I am sure everything will turn out fine.
    jareda69

Answer by jareda69 at 11:46 PM on Dec. 29, 2008