• In the Spotlight:

I used to walk at least 2000 steps a day and now due to lower back problems I can't walk very much anymore, I want to exercise but it's too painful. What can I do to get rid of the back pain and begin walking again?

wolfiegiggles

Asked by wolfiegiggles at 1:17 PM on Dec. 29, 2008 in Health

• try beginners yoga it helps strengthin the back and stretches it out goon. im 23weeks pregnant and am still doing my yoga everyday it helps with the back pain i have.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 1:18 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• Do you have access to a pool? Swimming is great exercise and it might actually make your back feel better.
    sbastille

Answer by sbastille at 1:19 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I would recomend sleeping with a pillow between your knees, if you sleep on your side, or under your knees if you sleep on your back. this will take pressure off. Also, have you tried any kind of shoe inserts/support? They do wonders. Also, if you enjoy massage, myofascial release therapy can do wonders!
    tigertwelve

Answer by tigertwelve at 4:30 PM on Dec. 29, 2008

• I was also going to suggest water exercise!
    Nika75

Answer by Nika75 at 7:42 PM on Dec. 29, 2008