Aldi's, Wal-Mart, or Price Chopper?

What do you think is the cheapest way to shop? Which store(s)? Only 1 or a combination?

mama_dearie

Asked by mama_dearie at 12:08 PM on Aug. 30, 2011 in Shopping

• Aldi's and Wal Mart
    RelaxedMom2-3

Answer by RelaxedMom2-3 at 1:40 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• between super walmart and our actual grocery store on double coupon day :)
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 12:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• yea i guess my theory i have much more time then money i get 150 worth for 40-50 a week after coupons :) and i follow a great website that posts all the new ads/matchups and links to the coupons on their site so makes it uber easy for me
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 12:20 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I'm not sure which is the cheapest. I shop nearly exclusively at Kroger and the farmer's market. I don't have time to be driving all over town to multiple places. After hitting the farmer's market, I plan a menu and shopping list based on what's on sale at the Kroger. That helps me save both time and money.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:09 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I go to wal-mart for big things like diapers and dog food but everything else is usually our local grocery store or sometime Aldi's.

PS I haven't been to a Price Choppers for YEARs. They don't have them in my area :(
    MrsLLove

Answer by MrsLLove at 12:10 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• and I forgot to add - for me, the discount stores don't really help my budget that much since I don't purchase much in the way of processed or pre-cooked foods. A bag of flour is about the same price every where.
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:11 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• dr.donna- if you coupon well a bag of flour can be 50 cents to free :)
    Alcnic29

Answer by Alcnic29 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• we just had an Aldi open up here in town...and they have a lot of stuff that's cheaper than Wally World. I dunno bout the other store cuz we don't have one. but I like Aldi....i will be shoppin there more than the other stores for sure!!!
    goofygalno1

Answer by goofygalno1 at 12:12 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• Walmart for boys clothes! Love the styles! Ultra for groceries! We save alot!!!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:15 PM on Aug. 30, 2011

• I haven't seen too many coupons for flour! I've heard of these types of things though. Honestly, my time is worth more than I would save on that $0.50 bag of flour, since that requires hours tracking down the coupons, figuring out which store is best, and then driving all over town!
    Dr.Donna

Answer by Dr.Donna at 12:17 PM on Aug. 30, 2011