Scientologists?

Are you a believer of Scientology? Why? (No sarcasm....just really wondering, why?)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Jul. 15, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• No I am not, but I often am curious about it and curious as to why they are so secretive about what they believe in
    Princess_s21

Answer by Princess_s21 at 3:14 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• No. I am not. Tom Cruise kind of killed the curiousity. It sounds like a big cult from what little I have heard on it. But that is my opinion not trying to offend anyone who does follow it.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 5:44 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• I heard that even though it calls itself a religion its really more of a competitor of psychology theory & treatment.
    Gotoyourmoms

Answer by Gotoyourmoms at 9:20 PM on Jul. 15, 2008

• After seeing tom cruise act the way he acts and the sheltered life that they seem to lead-it just doesnt seem-like something I would be into -would a scientologists be able to blog?
    hollid

Answer by hollid at 12:40 PM on Jul. 16, 2008

• Scientology is not a religion. It is a pyramid scheme.
    Anonymous

• L. Ron Hubbard admitted all when he said "If a man really wanted to make big money he'd create his own religion." And that's the basis and the truth about scientology--it's a money-making scheme by a failed science-fiction writer.
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 4:18 PM on Jul. 17, 2008

• Yes, because it works. It does exactly what it says it is going to do every time. The people in it aren't crazy, they are normal people, you might even have met one and not known. I'm married to one happily, he is the most amazing man I have ever meet in my entire life. The people that he hangs out with are so grounded. There is no drama, there is no bake sale your way to heaven type of attitude with any person in Scientology that I have met. It just does what it says it does. Can't get any simpler.  

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:47 PM on Aug. 10, 2008

• Here are some good resources written by former scientologists and people who have devoted their life to studying it: www.exscientologykids.com; www.xenu.net; enturbulation.org.
    The basic religion is based on the idea that your mind is influenced by negative forces and you must fish out those forces by "auditing" to gain a state where you can reach your potential. This is called "clear." After you are clear, you can start learning the Operating Thetan levels which teach you to use your mind to alter the world around you. The Free Zone is Scientology outside the CoS. The church has been banned in Germany and is currently under investigation by the FBI, Interpol, and the SEC for human rights violations, immigration fraud, stock fraud, child slavery, copyright infringement, practicing medicine without a license, theft, harassment, assault, and even murder. It's very interesting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on Aug. 25, 2008